One more

I was always "one more" in this group.
None of them notice me the way I notice them, especially Wren.

It will always be and will continue to be "Zoé, Meison, Wren and one more"
But that doesn't mean he's not a friend of yours. I would simply like to be the protagonist of this story.

~
I was putting my basketball clothes in my locker when out of nowhere Zoé and Wren appeared like two ghosts at midnight, I jumped in shock when Zoé brutally exclaimed:

- Arthur! We saw the posters you have a basketball game.

- I know, I'm not going to go
I said vaguely

-Why aren't you going to go? You have to support your team
Wren told me, in an attempt to cheer me up.

I could have agreed at that moment, but I have some pride so I decided to go to the game without telling him, I always lose and I don't want Wren to know.

*

It was another day, I had woken up to have bagels for breakfast, I sat on the plate and helped myself to the bagels when just before I could put it in my mouth my mother walked by and took it out of my hands.

- Mom and why is that?
- You have a match, you should start eating healthy and training, if you continue like this you will never win a match.

My mother put a bowl of cut fruits on the table, right under my eyes and looked at me with a "it is what it is" face. Until that moment I couldn't believe it but it was just beginning.

In the afternoon I sat down to watch a movie with Meison and Wren while Zoé was with her mother, then my mother told me to go to sleep because tomorrow I had a game and I had to rest.
That's when she yelled at my mother.

- I'm not going to attend that silly game, leave me alone, mom.

- You are going to go to that game whether you want it or not.
My mother said imposingly.

-good.

Meison and Wren left uncomfortably to look for Zoé

I went up to my room and fell asleep thinking about the game, I hadn't trained, I hadn't eaten anything
I had no preparation,

The next day I didn't have breakfast either, I didn't drink any water...
The stress made me feel very dizzy and the nerves of the game made things worse...
I just touched on how difficult it was to stop listening to the body's needs and start acting as the mind wants you to.

We started the game 0-2. During that game, I felt worse and worse. I tried to signal to the coach that I needed to go to the bench. I kept running. I got halfway I felt like if I took one more step I would collapse. Then I tried to tell the coach that I couldn't take it anymore, but seconds before an angel's voice rang in my ears, it was Wren who had just arrived in the stands with Zoé and Meison, then I remembered...

That I lose most of the games.
It was looking at Wren in the eyes and fainting until now, all of this seemed like a lot to me, luckily I went to the infirmary and my team won the game.

My mother came to see me in the infirmary, that's when I told my mother what was really happening.

- Mom, I have been a basketball player for 5 years and I have only won once in those 5 years, why haven't I won since then?

To which my mother responded

- you remember the time you won
- Yes, it took me a lot of preparation...
- and because you haven't learned anything from the time you achieved what you can't achieve now.

I quickly understood what my mother was trying to tell me.