Don't lie

I can't stop thinking about what Wren told me. I mean, I could have noticed it when Wren sent Meison a note in class. But I didn't give it importance. Well, let's see if Wren finishes off Meison, Jacob is still there...
I have to stop thinking, I have to stop seeing people as opportunities. Besides, Jacob is just a pretty face.
I'm going to see Wren.

I went to Wren's room and she wasn't there, Meison wasn't in her room either.
So I went to look downstairs and only the older ones were there.
It was when I opened the outside door and saw Meison and Wren talking, so I closed the door a little, leaving it ajar, and then I heard:

- Meison happens that since the four of us have been meeting, I feel that there is a connection between the two of us. And I wanted to know if you feel it too.

Wren was already proposing to Meison. But I don't care.
I didn't love him anyway...
He didn't hurt me, but the more he tried to convince me, the more the lump in my throat tightened. My eyes were teary but I held back my tears and went back to my room, I could cry for anything, but I wasn't going to allow my eyes to cry for love.
~

Meison-Wren, I feel that connection too. But with Zoe.

~
I went to see Arturo to see how she was doing. And we didn't talk about anything other than Wren. I didn't want to tell him what I had heard because I also didn't know Meison's response. But he was going to find out soon. When Wren walked into the room and asked me

- Zoé, do you like Meison?

My mind went blank for a couple of seconds and since I knew how Wren felt about Meison I decided to lie.

- No, not at all, not even a little bit..

I thought Wren would realize it was a lie.
But he did not. He smiled at me and left.

- Zoé, because you lied to Wren.
- I did not lie
- Zoe
- Okay yes, yes I lied. But I do it for your own good
- Lies don't do anyone any good. You have to tell him the truth before he finds out, by other means.
- Arturo, when you say "other media" are you talking about yourself?
-...

Arturo's eyes didn't tell me anything, but his look told me everything.

Then I went to my room and remembered the party...
How can I forget when Wren made me open my eyes and made me understand how selfish I am. I didn't want to continue being that Zoe. I am determined to be a different Zoé.

That's when it got dark, soon the sun was going to go to bed. But I didn't want to waste too much time. I left my room and when I saw Wren, I went to talk to him.

-Wren
- What's wrong Zoe? Because you are so, so, so... LIKE THIS
- I really do not know. Wren, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to lie to you. Well yes I wanted to but I didn't want you to know the truth because I didn't want to hurt you.
- Zoé, what lie are you talking to me about?
- I like Meison.
- It's okay Zoé, nothing's wrong, I think, I need air.

After that conversation I felt better, I think. I don't know.
*

Wren: Right now I need to stop thinking, I went outside and sat on a bench and watched the sunset. A few minutes later Arturo sat next to me.
I didn't want to talk to him, I was too discouraged to talk. But he knew how to cheer me up with a bad joke that made me laugh a lot. And we were talking about everything and nothing until it became night.