CHAPTER 12

HIS MATE SQUEEZED HER LEGS TOGETHER. He held his breath, and so did the whole world as they all waited for what she was going to do next.

Tonya was in heat—so much of it--that Fire could taste her in the air. She was as sweet as sin, delicious to a fault, and she was all 'his' although he didn't want to.

When the woman opened her mouth to speak, what registered to him was just the sensual way her lips curled with her words.

"Fancy meeting you here, Spitfire."

She smiled at him, and he consumed all his strength to keep himself from groaning. His molars were watering—a mad amount of it--that the black coffee in his cup boiled without him even noticing. Even the thin streak of steam moving up to his face didn't make sense at that time.

It was just all her...

"Are you going to ride the eight o'clock Metro too?"

'No. I'd rather ride you,' his mind sighed, but then he opted to say another thing. Something more casual. "Yes."

'God, kill me now...' he heard her through their link. And being an unsophisticated mortal as she was, she had no clue that he could read her every thought, including her, 'Damn, stop looking at me like that. I'm going to cum....'

"Well, that's cool. I haven't really noticed you here before." Tonya gripped her bag tighter, and Fire sure knew why. His aura had been playing with her folds the whole time. He would be ashamed if it couldn't even make her take her undies off. "Are you going home?"

"Yes." He bottomed up his coffee, unaffected if it was bubbling due to the heat escaping his palm. He needed to wet his throat, or his dragon would lose it.

"Same way..." he stated, pointing a forefinger to the railroad left and right before adding in a serious tone, "...to the lair."

"A lair?" Tonya laughed, thinking that he was joking. He cocked his head, thinking of how to drag her into that same lair he was talking about.

"Spitfire, Spitfire, Spitfire...Odd, odd, odd," the mortal sing-songed, rolling her beautiful eyes at him. Gracefully, she then walked towards the crowd lining up at the train's podium.

His whole body fluidly moved on its own, following the inviting heat that was making his blood sizzle. Six steps through the dirty tiles, and his mortal mate abruptly turned around. She was obviously unaware of how close he was behind her, thus, accidentally rubbing her nose against his chest.

Yes, his goddamn heartless chest.

"Oh gosh! Sorry!" Surprise made her turn redder than a beetroot. And to that, the dragon just smirked, lifting his manly eyebrows as if to ask what was wrong.

"Umh... Just frazzled that you are this close." She let out an awkward grin and used her fingers to point out their distance. Then, she turned around and swarmed with the crowd filling that Metro station to the brink.

Tonya was moving faster this time, squeezing her legs together and rubbing her thighs with every step. There were beads of sweat running down her milky neck, though the night was colder than usual. It was inviting him to lick it, but then he just shook his head.

Amused was an understatement to describe the thing that was flooding him. He never really expected his unwanted mate to be this—scandalous.

"I'll walk you home."

"What you say?"

"I'll walk you home," Fire repeated his statement in a louder voice, drowning out the noises from the other dirty mortals squeezing with them.