CHAPTER 18

'WAIT. WHAT THE HELL—'

"Anything wrong, Great Fire Dragon?"

It was one of the Hydra's heads, Shein, that cut through Fire's trance and prompted him to look back at the dragon with him. For a while, he just remained to stare, unable to move his mouth, although he wanted to.

There was something suddenly missing in him, but he couldn't figure out what it was. It was like a noise he had already gotten so used to hearing suddenly shut off, leaving his mind in total silence.

"So going through the details of how we broke the mating-bond and killed our mate..." Wolf faked a cough before starting over, "We got jealous. We are seven different ladies sharing one man and—"

"I got to go." Fire didn't let the Hydra finish its speech and quickly turned away. His whole brain was starting to numb, and he was beginning to hate himself for his inability to tell what he had lost. He was certain that something was missing, but then what the hell was it?!

"Return to your embodiment." He was still as confused as hell when he commanded the Hydra to go back to being Payne. His hands were turning cold as beads of sweat began to form on his forehead. One sharp turn, and he bolted out of that room's door with a bang.

The door's impact accidentally bumped the poor mortal nurse that guided him to the Hydra's lair earlier, but then he couldn't care less when it shouted, "I-I was about to say visitation hour is over—Aw! Watch where you're going!"

He didn't look back, even after the nurse took a few wobbly steps back when he passed her by. His whole system was starting to turn as blank as his head, and it was triggering him to run.

"Hey, watch it!"

Fire had no recall of how the medicines on that cart went up in the air and scattered on the floor. His whole world was blurring from where he ran, and he couldn't even remember knocking the medicine table over just before he quickly turned to the lobby's corner.

The emptiness biting his skin felt like a thousand pins. When he rushed to the back door of the mental facility and sprinted his way to the woods nearby, he was already a mad mess in his half-dragon form—blonde-haired and scaled up to his jaw.

He was anxious when he quickly spread his huge, leathery wings out.

He was missing something. He had no clue what it was, but he was certain that it was something so important that he was already trembling even before his powerful dragon wings made their first flap.

'Bloody hell... What are you?! What the goddamn hell are you?!'

.

.

'SO NO ENTITY OR DRAGONS CAN SENSE ME NOW BECAUSE OF THIS?'

Tonya pursed her lips while looking at the tiny bag in her hand. Thirty minutes after leaving the antique shop, she found herself sitting inside the crowded metro train heading back to the center of Klaire City.

The bag in her hand looked weird and heavy, like a brown pouch made of straw and filled with sand.

'How can an emery bag do that?' She bit her lips as she continued to think. 'What is Lana exactly thinking anyway? Like I'm going to change careers and start sewing leathers?'

[Passengers heading to station six. Kindly step closer to the podium and...]

It was that female electronic voice announcing their arrival at the next station that had Tonya looking out of the train's window. Furrowing her eyebrows, she ended up turning left and right, recognizing the view outside—trees, buildings, and that little salon that she usually passed by whenever she visited that area.