CHAPTER 29

"Is she alright?"

"The Madam's body is trying to cope with the upcoming fortnight, Your Highness."

"Fortnight? My mate is a mortal. What does she have to do with that date?"

"I hope I can answer your question, Great Fire Dragon. I really hope I can..."
.
.
TONYA COULD HEAR FIRE TALKING WITH OCTAVIA. She was also aware that they were talking about her based on how the brute's voice sounded constricted and worried.

Were they standing just next to the bed she was lying on? It seemed like.

She wanted to ask them what was wrong. She had this really bad hunch about how her body felt sore, burning, and as heavy as a hundred bricks, but...

"F-Fire..." She mentally cursed, hearing the slight stutter in her voice. The brute's name was one syllable, and she couldn't even say it right. Something seemed to be burning inside her, and the pain was reaching up to her spine. It was moving around the lower part of her body—her hips, back, and finally settling at the pit of her belly as if resting there.

'Argh.' She bit her lower lip hard to suppress her whimper. It hurt so much that her skin was dampened by the cold sweat coating it. Opening her eyes didn't seem like an option either at that time. Her head was cracking, and all she could do was grit her teeth and wish for the ordeal to stop. 'F-Fire, it hurts—'

"My mate is hurting. Do something, Octavia!"

"Your Highness, the Madam's waking up."

"Get into the library and check for anything that could lessen the pain!" Tonya heard things carelessly getting thrown on the floor one after another as Fire anxiously talked. "Tell Albert to close all the windows and doors, then leave the place at once. I cannot allow him here."

"But, Your Highness, Albert has nowhere to go—"

"Tell him to leave!" Fire's scream brawled like a beast against the walls of that place, obviously not giving his helper a chance to reason it out. He completely exploded, and Tonya could just imagine how terrified Octavia must have been when the little woman's quick footsteps echoed across the marble floor.

She wanted to open her eyes. Her worry was getting out of proportion as she remained lying motionless above the bed, listening to Fire's heavy breathing as he continued to move around. "Fire..."

"I got you." Then there was that soft pair of lips that landed on her forehead, accompanied by a strong pair of arms holding her together.

Was she in his mansion? Probably. The way the mattress sunk behind her when he climbed the bed felt different—a lot softer and more luxurious. "You'll be alright..."

"W-What's happening?"

She felt his arms tensing around her. Did her question scare him? She hoped not. Not when she didn't even know what was happening to her.

"Mating season." She heard Fire swallow as if something choked him while speaking. Then, ever so carefully, she felt him bury his face against the back of her head as if wanting to ease a part of her pain. "Your... Your body's getting ready for my whelps, mate."
.
.

'HER BODY WILL NEVER BE READY FOR WHELPS...'

That was what he wanted to say while holding her close. The brutal reality was that he didn't even know if any mortals had survived it yet. Hybrids were never a part of dragons history. Having a mortal mate was even rarer.

Thus, there was no documentation.

No details.

It simply did not exist.