CHAPTER 14

HEAT THEY SAID was an attraction mandated by nothing else but need. A type of it so strong and powerful that no immortal had ever gone against it.

There were no emotions involved, but just a carnal demand to enjoy sex. Heat-Fuck was it.

Love was a mile away from the idea of heat. Or rather, that was what Fire wanted to believe as he controlled himself from slamming Tonya against the floor and taking her right in that hallway.

By the time they reached her apartment, his heat was already exploding in every cell he had, blurring every incoherent thought inside his head. Swimming in her sweet, seductive scent wasn't exactly the right way to get what he came there for. But... 'Damn it!'

Fire grunted when the door closed behind them, confining Tonya's scent within the small area of her lair. His sanity and dragon clamored in an instant death-match. The first, screaming something in line with a curse and other logical things.

On the other hand, his mortal mate was busy taking her high heels off beside him, bending down a little while shaking her head in embarrassment. "Oh my God! I forgot to drop by the grocery earlier. You wouldn't mind peanut butter and jelly for dinner, right—Shit!"

Her profanity fell on deaf ears when his hand suddenly grabbed her by the neck and shoved her to the wall. Careful not to hurt her, but at the same time eager to keep her in place.

The red heel on her hand fell with a tapping sound against the floor, but then, other than a shocked breath, his mate remained perfectly still with her eyes looking at him with both surprise and... submission?

'That's hell hot—'

"Fire..." Tonya's tiny, pink tongue darted out when she called him, and all that he remembered was how much he wanted to suck it in his mouth. The mortal's sultry whisper slipped over his skin like molten honey, sending him shivers down low. "What the hell are you doing—"

He shut her up, leaning over her, and moving his majestic hand from her neck to cup her chin. One moment he was just staring at her, and the other, he was kissing her like a starving beast devouring his helpless prey.

The mortal gasped at the first touch of his lips, unwittingly allowing him the entry he needed. Her legs started subtly scissoring against each other, releasing more of that addicting smell of her desire.

When his tongue plunged into the hot cavern of her mouth, Tonya responded by throwing both of her arms over his shoulders, digging her nails into him, and whimpering. Her moans vibrated through his body, pushing him to the edge.

Walking the earth for thousands of years in his human embodiment allowed him to mingle with more than enough women to make a dirty harem. However, there was none like this creature in his hand. The incredible need to possess her was taking over him. He couldn't stop himself, even if he wanted to.

When his hand started roaming her fragile body, her back arched, offering him a fistful of her soft goodness. It made his cock ache to be inside her soaking cunt. His searching fingers found the pebbled nipple under her shirt, and she let out another moan that rocked not just his whole world but his dragon as well.

'Good little, mortal—'

"Spitfire..."

He growled in disapproval when Tonya broke away from him, gasping for breaths that he had been wildly sucking out of her. Nonetheless, his disappointment didn't last long when her hooded gaze landed on his lips, and she sensually muttered, "S-Second door. Left-wing..."

That was all she needed to say, and fucked the peanut butter and jelly that she was talking about.

He would rather make his little mortal's knees jello and eat her for dinner instead.