A New Perspective

Asriel hardly pulled his hood up in time as he left the skeleton Brothers home, both covering his horns and bright face. The cold of the morning felt good on his muzzle as he started walking in a direction, hardly noting which one as his mind focused solely on the events that just occurred.

Flowey didn't often do things spontaneously. Maybe in his earlier days, but it was such a hassle when things didn't go how he'd wanted. Instead, he planning every step, able to guarantee he'd get a result he liked. Sans would dodge into one of his hidden attacks, the monsters would scream once they saw him, the roof would collapse if he messed with the structure just enough, all things he could put together like a house of cards.
And then came Papyrus, who would knock that house down and sculpt his own face with the cards. His reactions, every word was almost unpredictable, always having some new catchphrase or wise word.

Maybe that's why Asriel said what he did, the spontaneity must've rubbed off on him, or maybe Papyrus's soul was just built for it.
Either way, his train of thoughts came to a halt as he heard a branch creak from behind him.
"Papyr-?" He turned, expecting to see the lanky skeleton following like a lost puppy, only to be met with the trees he'd just passed.
'..must be an echo.' He told himself as he hesitantly started walking, his fur standing on end. Suddenly he became more aware of the trees that surrounded him, and the fact he didn't immediately recognize where he'd wandered to. He'd been in that forest for a collective many years, but somehow the trees always managed to turn monsters around, some legends saying they moved to guide monsters to their destinys.

Asriel just thought some monsters were stupid and didn't want to admit they got lost, but with the shine of light that just escaped the corner of his eye, he didn't feel like finding his destiny all of a sudden.
He made a run for it without warning, swerving through trees until his soul threatened to force him to the ground if he didn't stop, why'd it have to be so early in the morning? He caught his breath against a tree, eyes darting from place to place as his fur stood on end.
Another glimmer in a branch caught his attention, the mechanical whirring immediately revealing what it was, much to his horror.

A camera, the ones Alphys hid everywhere, he'd stumbled directly in front of it. No wonder he didn't recognize the place, Flowey hated those cameras more than Sans sometimes, he'd never be caught in front of them. In his pity-party he must've taken a wrong turn, and now he had more than boy-problems to worry about.
He threw himself forward and out of its range, only to hear the mechanical clicking sound that followed as its angle shifted. The thing was moving for him, that meant someone was behind it.
He shook his head of the thought. He still had his disheveled disguise, he just needed to find the way back and hope the doctor wouldnt poke around where she didn't need to.

With a newfound sense of direction, there were only so many cameras after all, Asriel turned to face where he guessed Snowdin was located, stomping into the snow with a crunch as he tried to shake the feeling of eyes watching him from every tree. She didn't have the guts to do anything if she did find out, right?

Maybe he should've spent more time on his nose that morning.

Asriel finally found his way to the Skeleton Brother's house, only to be greeted by a half-asleep Sans watching TV on the couch.
"Where's Papyrus?" He asked without greeting, somewhat startling the short monster awake.
"he jus' left for undynes, keep it down will ya?"
"Sorry sorry, enjoy your.. breakfast" Asriel apologized hesitantly before turning to leave again, praying to forget the horror that was Sans' choice of breakfast foods.

The walk to Undynes felt like a strange deja vu, his urge to tunnel down into the mud reminding him of how tall he felt, and just how slow walking was. He still felt the eyes follow him, his suspicion growing as his steps quickened. Since when was he so paranoid? He was almost at Undynes anyways, what could he have to-

Well, a sprinting Alphys wasn't the top of what he thought he had to be worried about, but suddenly being tackled, he didn't have much time to think.
"I-I GOT HIM UNDYNE!" She called victoriously, only to misjudge her momentum and send them both flying into the guard woman's already battered door.

Asriels mind finally caught up with him now, getting better at following the spontaneity of his 'new life.'

"Hey Undyne." He grumbled once oxygen finally started filling his lungs again, hardly taking his surroundings in before seeing Papyrus sitting at the Table with her, his face filled with horror.
"Whats with the-" he started to try and stand up, only to realize his cloak had fallen to his shoulders, the smudged makeup on his sleeve revealing what had given Papyrus such a look.

Great.

914 words
(Welcome to chapter 19! Sorry to keep such suspense, but I thought an Asriel focused chapter would be a good change of pace from the usual. Expect some longer chapters ahead, and as always, happy reading folks!)