Chapter 7 - Partners in Lies

The village was the cutest place Sakura had ever seen. It lay riverside, resulting in beautiful nature, and ample wildlife around the village. She forgot all about her situation, being kidnapped and all. She ran into every store, with Suigetsu and Sasuke running after her.

*Why did this fishman had to go with us?* Sasuke rolled his eyes. They were waiting outside the changing rooms for Sakura, who was taking forever. Suigetsu was checking out the men's underwear section, being all giggly.

"What do you think Suigetsu?" Sakura came out of the changing room. Nothing could have prepared Sasuke with what was in front of him. His eyes widened, and he gulped aloud.

"Oh, sorry, I thought Suigetsu would be here, but I guess you'll do. Does this look weird on me?"

"Uh, umm, you look good." Sasuke looked away, careful not to show his full enthusiasm for this outfit.

"Ughh, you don't sound convinced... maybe i'll pass on it-"

"No! Buy it, I'm paying so just buy it." he slurred his words.

"O-okay, thank you." She went back to try more clothes. Every outfit she tried had a similar interaction, with Sasuke slowly losing his cool. It was like he kept getting tested by the universe. How could everything look so good on her? She made everything look sexy. Even sweatpants. She tried on dresses, crop tops, bodysuits, everything. She kept asking Sasuke to help her narrow down top options, but his response was always "Just get it."

The door to the store opened, and in came none other than some girl whose name Sasuke had forgotten. She was one of those crazy stalker fangirls. Sasuke hooked up with her once in a drunken moment of weakness, after which she became obsessed with him. She was harmless, but Sasuke really did not want to run into her. She was known to cause scenes and was really hard to get rid of once she noticed Sasuke. So, instinctively, as he rushed past the dressing room curtain to hide from that woman.

Soon, the actions of his consequences were upon him. Sasuke found himself in a tight space pressed against Sakura, who was in the middle of changing between outfits. She had her shirt off, only wearing a black bra and a mini skirt from her previous outfit. Sakura was about to say something presumably frustrated very loudly, so he swiftly covered his mouth with his hand. They were crammed against the mirror on the wall. Sakura gave him a concerned yet fuming look with her eyes.

"Look," he whispered, visibly flustered. "Just stay put, okay? I'm hiding from someone"

"Fuck you!" She whispered back. "Go into a different changing room! What were you thinking?"

"They're all occupied!" he whispered back angrily. It was taking his entire concentration to keep his eyes on her face, and not any lower. He quickly failed.

"I think this is my favourite outfit of them all," he chuckled, trying to make the best of the awkward situation

"Oh yeah? Try being quiet now" said Sakura with a mischievous look, as she kneed him between his legs, turning tables on him and covering his mouth before he could let out a cry of pain."

"Shhhh..." she smirked.

*So that's how she wants to play, huh?* He reduced the already minimal space between them in the comically claustrophobic changing room,his elbows leaning on the wall mirror with Sakura stuck between them.

"Back off, what the hell?" She whispered, clearly furious.

"I have to make sure you can't move, or you may kick me again," he smirked "You brought this on yourself"

Sakura turned her face away, locking eyes with the floor. This was all too much, definitely not her typical shopping experience. As much as she tried not to think about, she could feel his entire body pressed against hers. The audacity of this guy! Of this unfairly handsome guy. This would have been much easier if Sasuke hadn't had such a glow up. Her mind had to do all the heavy-lifting when it came to staying in focus, cause her body was hopelessly heating up. *Be easy on yourself, Sakura* she thought *this is just biology, you can't control your hormones, but you can control your actions! I must change the topic..*