"Its a good thing"

(short chapter 615 words)

We finished at the movies around 9-10ish. Steve had walked me home once we left. And i fell asleep so easy with in minutes of being back home.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                       Next day
i woke up later than normal around 10.  I instantly remem-bered i was gonna be hanging out with steve today at 1. I made my bed once i had gotten up and headed to the bathroom to take a shower.
After a 30 minute shower i got out and got dressed. I threw on an oversized. t-shirt so i wouldn't ruin my clothes while putting on make up.  I did a natural make up look because i didn't wanna go full out today. I straightened my hair, it's looks better straight then another other way i'd do my hair.
it took me about 30 minutes to an hour to do my hair, which was normal for me.
Then i finally put on my good clothes.  it was a navy blue sweater with some jeans that were kinda baggy and ripped along with my white high top converse i had just gotten for my birthday.

I headed out the door to go to the DX to meet Steve. It's not that far of a walk from my house cause it's just down the road. Which isn't a big deal. I wonder why Steve wanted me to meet him at the DX I thought in my head as I walked down the streets. He probably just wants to hang out with me and soda all three of us together. I guess I won't know till I get there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  STEVE POV:
it was 1250 and I was waiting for Gracie at the DX. Soda was already here before me working so he could help Darry with the bills.

Soda wiped his forehead looking at me " what are you doing here?" he asked. "Oh nothin, jus waitin for gracie yk" i walked up to him.
"Ooooo someone's got a date" he joked
"It's not a date, we're just hanging out" i replied.
"Yeah and the socs don't jump greasers" he sarcastically said.
I told him what ever and went back to waiting for gracie. it was very close 1pm.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
(BACK TO GRACIES POV)
Arrived at the DX just on time it was exactly 1 PM. I had seen. Steve was already waiting outside for me while soda was working per usual. As I walked up to Steve, he said " took you long enough" he smiled. " I'm just messing with you. "I already knew he was joking.
"you never told me what we were doing" I broke some silence that was going on. " That's right. You wanna go to the dingo?"
"If you want to then yes!" i eagerly replied.  He grabbed some car keys laying on the counter and opened the passenger door. "Why thank you" i sat in the seat. Then he ran over to the other side and hopped in. He started the car and started driving away from the DX.
"So why'd you ask me to meet up?" i turned away from the window as i watched him as he focused on the road.
"Well when i met you, you seemed like a nice girl. Not no soc girl that's snobby or a Greaser girl who only wants to hookup like a one night stand." he glanced every so often towards me.
"That a good thing? or..?" i asked unsurely.
"It's a good thing" he smiled....

(guys i will finish the rest where they go inside the dingo. i just need ideas on what happens later on in this story. Plus i feel like i've wrote a lot rn. So yeah.)