25,

dad - "I want to apologize to Jiro properly, can you invite him over for dinner?" He asked me.

delphine - "Jiro isn't in New York right now, he went to Japan to visit his dad's family." I said to my dad.

dad - "Ah okay." He said to me.

delphine - "But I will let him know that you're sorry." I said to my dad.

dad - "Thank you, chérie." (Darling) He said to me.

————————————————————————————

{ DELPHINE'S POV }
{ 1 WEEK LATER }
{ SCHOOL }

⇒ It's been one week since Jiro has been absent from school because he's in Japan. Jiro and I have been texting each other a lot nowadays and I kind of miss him being in school.

annalise - "Any updates, Delphine?" She asked me.

delphine - "Updates? What do you mean?" I asked Annalise.

annalise - "Any new things going on with you?" She asked me.

delphine - "No....I don't think so." I said to Annalise.

⇒ I saw someone walk towards me and I thought it was Jiro but instead it was Adélard.

adélard - "Salut (Hi) Delphine!" He said to me.

delphine - "Hey Adélard." I said to Adélard.

adélard - "Can I possibly take you out to dinner? I remembered that I couldn't do anything for you on your birthday." He said to me.

delphine - "A-ah, r-right. um-, I have to check my schedule to see if I'm not busy, but I will let you know my answer later?" I asked Adélard.

⇒ Adélard sighed and nodded.

adélard - "It's okay Delphine, I know you don't want to go out to dinner with me, but take this belated birthday gift." He said to me.

⇒ Adélard gave me a gift box and I opened it and it had our initials on a necklace.

delphine - "Adélard, what's this?" I asked Adélard.

annalise - "How cute, it's you and Adélard's initials on a necklace-" She said to me but I cut her off.

delphine - "Anna, I know what it is but why did you give this to me?" I asked Adélard.

adélard - "I thought it will be a nice gift, Delphine-" He said to me but I cut him off.

delphine - "Adélard, I like someone else-" I said to Adélard but I cut myself off.

⇒ I stopped that sentence so quick. I covered my mouth with my hand and looked at Adélard dumbfounded. I don't know why but I just ran away from the area so I wouldn't make things any more awkward.

{ STAIRCASE }

⇒ I came to the staircase and I was followed by Annalise.

annalise - "You have some explaining to do." She said to me.

delphine - "A-anna, don't you have book club right now?" I asked Annalise.

annalise - "No, I don't have book club on Tuesdays, so don't try to slip out of this situation." She said to me.