Chapter 6

I slowly pulled away, my eyes opening wide in realization of what he just did. "What did you do that for?" I asked, breathless from the kiss. No matter how much I thought about what just happened, my mind couldn't seem to wrap itself around the idea of him kissing me. Everything was so surreal now. I looked at him in a daze. 

He brought his lips back to mine once again and as expected, the fire in the pit of my stomach ignited. His lips moved in sync against mine, taking a firm hold of my jaw as he kissed me. It felt amazing how soft his lips were but as usual, all the the good things must come to an end. He eventually pulled away, his breathing coming short. "Ash, what was that?" I asked.

"I was..." he trailed off, looking down at the floor. I sighed and sat up, with him doing the same after me. He pursed his lips, his eyes still glued to the floor. 

"You were what?" I tilted my head to the side questioningly.

He let out a deep breath, "I was just, um, testing. I guess, that clears up everything."

"Clear up what?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Clears up that I'm a hundred percent gay," Ashton said, looking down. 

"Oh," was all I could say. It felt as if my heart disintegrated. I was here hoping that I'd actually have a chance on this but I guess some things aren't meant to happen. "So what do we do now?" I asked, clearly disappointed.

"Let's just keep this between us," he gave me a weak smile before he stood up, extending a hand towards me to help me get up my feet. I took his hand and pulled myself up, not ready to leave this room. I looked outside and much to my dismay, the sun was starting to rise which means that I had to get back before my parents woke up. I bid Ashton farewell before we quietly tiptoed past his mother's room and led me to the front door. "So," I started as I stared at him. 

"So," he mimicked, looking down at his feet.

"Well, I have to get back now,"

"Yeah, um," he nodded, his eyes meeting mine again. I didn't know how it happened but the next thing I knew, we both leaned in at the same time, meeting for a short, quick kiss on the mouth. We hurriedly pulled away from each other, blushes creeping up on our cheeks. "Yeah, uh, goodbye," he said, closing the door behind him.

Once I have successfully climbed my way back to my room, I sat down on the floor, hugging my knees to my chest as I replayed the events that happened a few moments ago. I didn't know what to feel about this situation and I was sure as fuck that was considered cheating. Should I tell Luke? No, I didn't want to ruin their relationship. I let out a loud sigh and crawled back to my bed, pulling the covers on top of me.

Just as I was about to fall asleep, my phone beeped beside me. I took it from its place, turning it on, revealing a text message from Ashton.

ash: i'm sorry

I knitted my eyebrows together as I stared at the words. 

me: for what?

After a few minutes, my phone beeped once again. 

ash: for kissing u

me: it's fine.

ash: no, it's not. I KISSED YOU. WITHOUT LUKE KNOWING. AND IT WAS JUST TO TEST IF I WAS BISEXUAL OR SOMETHING. I USED YOU AND CHEATED ON LUKE. THAT WAS SELFISH OF ME

me: i know

ash: are you mad?

me: somehow, yeah. but, let's just leave it for now. i don't want to talk about it.