Chapter One: Sailor Aldebaran Awakens

In a distant kingdom, on a distant star, a young princess stares at herself in a mirror as her maidens, in preparation for her wedding, dress her.

She is just about to turn fifteen years old, stands five feet, three inches tall and has long brown hair. Her violet eyes are a common trait among her people, but hers shine brighter than most.

Her lead handmaiden places her teal veil on her head, which was the typical wedding color of the kingdom. She then pins it into place and finishes up any last minute touches, including placing the veil over the princess's eyes, before she needs to lead her lady down to the stagecoach.

"Lady Corinna?"

"Mmm?" She mumbled.

"My lady, it is time we go now. You are all dressed."

Princess Corinna looks at herself once again, lets out a sigh, and then is led out of her chambers. As she walks by, all of the servants bow, some in awe of how beautiful she looks.

Her eldest brother, Prince Toby, met Princess Corinna in the stagecoach and they rode in the carriage together to the church, mostly in silence. Her brother knew her best and he always stood up for her in situations that needed it. He was the one who chose her betrothed out of all of the possible suitors, and he chose the best one in his opinion. He knew whom she was about to marry, but she was never introduced, which was the way.

"You will like him." He stated trying to be reassuring. "I know you will."

"Mmm." She mumbled as she looked out the window.

"Think of it this way: this is your way of leaving our kingdom. You always said you wanted to travel."

She turned her head, and although he could not see her eyes, he sensed she was glaring at him and he let out a small laugh.

"But what if this unity is not what our parents thought? What if it is all wrong?"

"Do you sense something?" He asked knowing she had feelings that usually came true.

"Yes." She whispered.

"Did you tell them?"

"Like they would ever want to hear it." She boldly stated. "Remember the first time I said I felt like something was wrong? Remember what they said?"

He nodded.

"'A princess should not feel anything. She should not question decisions made for her kingdom by her father'." She reiterated mimicking her father's voice. "And that was just for a dinner our father planned with another king. Nothing to do with a wedding."

"Good point." He answered remembering what happened. The king from the invited kingdom came with an army that camped outside the castle walls. He almost did too, but something stopped him from attacking.

"This time, it's different. This prince I am about to marry, can you tell me anything about him? You've met him. You apparently know him." She pleaded.

"I do know him. I am not supposed to tell you anything."

"Is he at least the same species?"

The prince chuckled, but understood her worry. Her planet is home to three species: humanoids, Istars and Askenians.

"Yes, he is human." He finally answered her as they pulled up to the church. "Ready?"

"No."

He smiled a half smile before the attendant opened the door. He made his way out first and she followed soon after.