Chapter 21

Today I decided to leave and explore, I asked Vivian to show me around the wing. She assured me that I would love it. 

But as I walked out with just simply said hi to the guard and walked by the end of the hallway. I saw a man walking towards me and as he gave me a smile I quickly turned on my heel and walked back to my room. The female guard looked at me strangely like I had seen a ghost.

After a few moments Damien came in, he started scanning the room for any dangers as I just looked at him dumbfounded from the window sill with a book in my hand.

"What happened?" He asked looking directly at me.

"Nothing," I said swallowing my spit.

"why did you come back to your room scared?" he asked

"I umm I just came back", I looked down "Nothing happened"

"Really?" He asked.

"yup, yess" I said with a weak smile.

"Are you scared to leave this room?" he asked as he walked to me."You havent left for 5 days, I thought you wanted, Oh hell I thought you would try to escape that very first day" He leaned on the wall in front of me.

I dropped the book and looked at him.

Part of me wanted to be honest with him so tears started falling from my eyes. 

"I, I don't w..want it to happen again," I said through some sobs.

He approached me and scooched down to be at eye level with me. His face didn't show a lot of emotion but I could see in his eyes twitching between his wolf and him.

""No one will hurt you again," Damien reassured me, his hand reaching out for mine. "Everyone knows you're the Luna of this pack. They have respect for you."

His words brought a mix of relief and curiosity. I understood the hierarchy of packs, thanks to the books I had read, but the concept of being "marked" was still shrouded in mystery.

"What about the 'mark'?" I inquired, voicing my lingering uncertainty.

His gaze flickered to the stack of books before returning to me, his eyes now a captivating shade of silver. I found myself drawn to them, unable to tear my gaze away.

Abruptly, Damien stood up, as if trying to create distance between us.

"I would not do that to you now," he replied, his voice tinged with a hint of regret.

"Let's go," he said, taking my hand and leading me towards the door.

As we descended the stairs, Damien asked if I wanted to go outside. I nodded in response, eager to experience the world beyond the confines of my room.

We walked outside taking the same route where I tried to run, I looked back at the house and up at the set of windows where my previous room was and back to the floor.

"That's pretty high" I joked.

He looked at me and shook his head with a slight smile.

We were walking towards the woods now.

"Are we going to the wood?" I asked. 

"Yes" He said.

We entered the woods and walked for about 5 minutes we came into a clearing with less dense trees. He turned to me and my heart stopped beating for a second.

"my worf wants to see you," he said as I took a step back. he grabbed my hand.

"Don't be scared please, he would never hurt you", He said and I just nodded my head I wasn't sure about this.