Chapter 4

The following day arrives and it's time for Vladimir and Mariam to meet again, the Russian texted her in the morning.

They both decide to meet again at the park where they met the first time. Vladimir arrived several minutes before Mariam. He is standing next to a bench located in the park, there is still a light sprinkle of rain falling from the clouds above. The park is not crowded and there are almost no people around.

I get to the park using my cane to help me go in the right direction. Then I feel a hand touch mine, a calm and familiar touch which, however, makes me flinch from the sudden movement.

"Vladimir is that you?" I ask.

"Yes I am." The Russian responds softly as he grab my hand. I feel the Russian's grip light but firm, careful not to hold me too tightly as he helps guide me towards the bench.

He sits beside me, continuing to gently hold my hand and squeeze it lightly in a comforting way.

The park is quiet, except for the light rain falling from above. The Russian looks down at her with a smile.

"Do you want to do something in particular? I don't really have any plans right now, I was just planning to spend some time with you." He adds in a flirty and playful tone. "Unless you had something in mind that you'd like to do together?"

Mariam does not understand the hidden meaning of his words. "How does going for a little walk around the park sound?".

Vladimir turns his face with a smile at his failure to attempt something more intimate.

He gets up and takes you for a walk, the light drizzle continues as the two of you walk slowly through the park.

I hear the trees swaying back and forth as the wind picks up.

Suddenly Vladimir gets a sudden call which makes him go silent and he pulls out his phone.

He listens to the ringtone for a few seconds not wanting to be interrupted but unfortunately he has to answer it.

When the call is over he puts the phone away and remains silent as he looks at her for a couple of seconds before speaking.

"Excuse me for a second, one more thing came up that I have to take care of. I won't be long, I promise."

Makarov makes me sit on a bench while I wait for him. He makes sure I'm okay before he goes off to deal with this pressing matter.

It looks like it will be a while before he returns. I have to wait alone. "The call ruined our evening, I'm sure," I say sighing.

Suddenly a hand lands on my shoulder and I jump.

"Vladimir, you came back?" but I get no response.

"Vladimir?" I call him again.

"Это та самая девушка, давай возьмем ее! (It's the right girl, let's take her!)" someone speaks in Russian and I don't immediately understand what he is saying.

"Who are you?!" I say scared.

One of the person puts his hand over my mouth, forcing me to shut out my words and preventing me from screaming for help.

My mind starts to go wild as I'm forcefully taken by someone that I don't recognize, my heart begins to race and anxiety starts setting in.

I am forcibly lifted and dragged away and thrown into a car violently.

When Makarov returns he notices the cane on the ground and immediately realizes what has happened.

"Нет, Нет, Нет!! (No, no, NO!)." The Russian whispers to himself as he quickly grabs the cane and starts to frantically look around the area. The sound of tyres on the road quickly confirms the suspicion that Mariam has been kidnapped and taken away in a car.