PROLOGUE

It was a cool winter evening on the month of November 16th, 2008

It was a cool winter evening on the month of November 16th, 2008. The little girl was with her parents and her big brother Joe for a dinner date because it was her 6th birthday. It was a perfect day for all of them especially their little princess's, she was pampered all throughout her day.

Waking up to a beautiful surprise by her parents and brother singing a birthday song for her, gifting her a doll house and a bicycle. Then, playing with all of her friends and cousins, celebrating her birthday with them, getting lots of gift and having her favourite Italian meal for lunch. Everything was perfect and dreamy for a 6-year old child. They planned for dinner outside at their dad's restaurant which was like an hour drive away.

All had their special family time together at the restaurant. Laughter and giggles of the small family were filled at the rooftop. As the night was getting colder and darker, the family decided to head back by taking a longer route as they wanted to go for a drive. But what they didn't realise that this perfect beautiful evening can bring a havoc in their blissful life.

-In the Car-

Little El: Thank you Momma & Dadda for today, I enjoyed a lot. And also the gifts they were beautiful. And the dinner, ahhh-- Dadda your restaurant is the best. Nothing can beat it.

Mom: Of course dear, anything for our little princess. We love both you and Joe very much, never forget that.

Dad: does my little princess like her dadda's restaurant too much? More than her dadda?

Little El: no dadda, El loves her dadda more than anyone.

Mom: what about me then?

Little El: I love you too momma, but little less than dadda. (she showed her tiny fingers and said while giggling)

On the other hand, Joe was sitting down quietly watching and admiring his parents and his little princess talking with each other. He felt wholesome just by feeling them near him. Though he doesn't talk too much, but he never fails to show his affection, his care towards his family through his little actions.

Little El: Joey, Joey.....JOE (she yelled out loud, because her brother was so lost in his thoughts that he couldn't hear his sister's call for last two mins).

Joe: yeah. I'm here, listening.

Little El: yeah, I could see that. Where were you lost?

Joe: nowhere.

Little El: cold (she whispered). Anyways, I was telling that you didn't gift me anything today. I'm upset with you.

Joe: I'm just 10. I don't have enough money to give you anything big. But I can give you something else.

Little El: what is it? You can give me anything. (being happy)

Joe: a promise (he warmly smiled looking at his sister being all excited)