Chapter 9

It was their first day in university, both Elowen and Viola stood outside the gates of the university, their hearts pounding with a mix of excitement and nervousness.

Elowen glanced at Viola, "Can you believe we're finally here?" she asked, her voice tinged with both anticipation and apprehension.

Viola nodded, her eyes wide with wonder. "I know, it feels surreal," she admitted, a nervous smile playing on her lips. "I'm excited, but also a bit scared. What if we get lost or can't keep up with the coursework?"

Elowen chuckled, her nerves easing slightly at Viola's honesty. "Don't worry, we'll figure it out together," she reassured her, placing a comforting hand on Viola's shoulder. "And besides, everyone's in the same boat. We're all navigating this new chapter together."

Viola sighed, her shoulders relaxing at Elowen's words of encouragement. "You're right," she admitted, a grateful smile spreading across her face. "I'm glad we're in this together."

They entered the main office, their footsteps echoing softly on the tiled floor. They approached the secretary's desk, their hearts fluttering with the excitement of finally beginning their university journey.

"Good morning," Elowen greeted the secretary with a warm smile, her voice steady despite the butterflies in her stomach. "We're new students here, and we were wondering if we could get our schedules and class assignments."

The secretary looked up from her computer screen, her eyes kind but busy. "Of course, welcome to the university," she said with a friendly smile. "I just need your names, and I'll pull up your information."

Viola leaned in closer to the desk, her eagerness palpable. "I'm Viola Reyes, and this is Elowen Morelli," she supplied, her voice tinged with excitement.

The secretary nodded, her fingers flying across the keyboard as she searched for their details. After a moment, she turned back to them with a stack of papers in hand. "Here you go," she said, passing the schedules to Elowen and Viola. "These should have all the information you need, including your classes, professors, and classroom locations."

Elowen and Viola thanked the secretary. As they glanced at their schedules, a mix of excitement and trepidation washed over them. "Looks like we have our work cut out for us," Elowen remarked with a nervous laugh.

Viola nodded in agreement, but her eyes sparkled with determination. "Definitely," she said, her voice filled with newfound resolve. "But I'm ready for the challenge." As they were heading to their class viola bumped with someone and things fell from both their hands. "I'm absolutely sorry, I wasn't watching", Viola said while helping the person by picking up his fallen things. Elowen too gathered her friend's items, since she was helping the other person.

The student chuckled softly as he helped her to pick up their things. "No worries, it happens," he reassured her, his tone gentle and understanding.

Viola nodded sheepishly, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "I really should pay more attention."

The student grinned, "Don't be too hard on yourself," he said, offering Viola a hand up from the floor. "We all have those moments. I'm Peter Gray by the way."

Viola accepted the hand gratefully, a relieved smile spreading across her face. "Thanks," she said sincerely, her guilt slowly dissipating. "I'm Viola and she's Elowen we both are new students here." They shook his hands and smiled warmly.

"It's our first day and we're still trying to find our way around", Elowen admitted.

Peter chuckled, a twinkle in his eyes. "Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it," he reassured her. "University can be overwhelming at first, but you'll find your footing soon enough."

"So in which department are you guys in?" Peter said enthusiastically. "We're in business department. Are you heading to the same class as us?" Elowen said smiling brightly.

"Hell, yeah! It looks like we're classmates," he replied. "I'm glad I'll have some familiar faces in there."

Viola grinned, feeling a sense of friendship already forming between them. "Likewise! It's nice to know we won't be alone in this," she remarked, her voice filled with warmth.

As they continued walking, the conversation flowed effortlessly, with each of them sharing tidbits about themselves. They talked about their hometowns, their interests, and their hopes for the semester ahead, sealing connections that went beyond mere classmates.

Elowen shared stories of her love for art, while Viola talked about her passion for writing. Peter, in turn, opened up about his fascination with computer programming, sparking an animated discussion about their respective interests.

Before they knew it, they had arrived at their classroom, the chatter of students filling the air as they found their seats. As they settled in, Elowen, Viola, and Peter exchanged one last smile, feeling grateful for the unexpected bond they had formed on their journey to their first class.

----TIME SKIPS---

As they finished their classes, they headed towards the cafeteria for their lunch. As they were laughing and talking, they were interrupted by a familiar voice calling out Peter's name. Turning in unison, they saw a girl waving enthusiastically as she approached their table.

"Hey, Peter! There you are!" the girl exclaimed, her smile radiant as she joined them at their table. "I've been looking for you everywhere. Mind if I join you guys?"

Peter grinned, gesturing to the empty seat beside him. "Of course, Kathy. Sit down," he replied warmly, his eyes twinkling with fondness as he greeted his friend.

As Kathy settled into her seat, the group exchanged introductions, with Elowen and Viola offering friendly smiles and greetings. "I'm Katherine Hernandez, but you can call me Kathy." "Wait, are you by any chance related to Marcus Hernandez?" Viola said as she couldn't really figure out why she wanted to ask this.

"Yep, you caught me. I'm his sister". As Katherine casually dropped the bombshell about her identity, Elowen and Viola exchanged incredulous glances, their minds struggling to reconcile the image of Marcus Hernandez, the cold and grumpy billionaire, with the warm and outgoing person sitting before them.

"Wait, Marcus Hernandez, the billionaire?" Viola blurted out, her voice tinged with disbelief. "But he's, well, known for being... not exactly friendly."

Katherine chuckled, a hint of amusement dancing in her eyes at their reaction. "I know, it's hard to believe, right?" she replied with a shrug. "But believe it or not, he's my brother."

Elowen and Viola exchanged a bemused look, their curiosity piqued. "So, how did you end up being so... different from him?" Elowen asked, unable to contain her curiosity.

Katherine smiled knowingly, her expression thoughtful. "Well, Marcus and I have always been polar opposites," she explained, a hint of fondness in her voice. "While he's always been focused on business and success, I've been more interested in pursuing my passions and connecting with people."

Viola nodded, beginning to understand. "So, you're saying that despite being siblings, you've taken different paths in life," she mused, her eyes lighting up with realization.

Katherine nodded in agreement. "Exactly. We may be siblings, but we're also individuals with our own unique personalities and interests," she said, her voice tinged with wisdom. Soon, the conversation flowed effortlessly, as they shared stories of their day and caught up on the latest happenings.

How was the chapter peeps?

Hope you guys are doing well. Thank you for reading it!

Exciting chapters are on it's way. So be ready ya'll. 

Do vote and comment, also give your opinions. It motivates me a lot.

LOVE YA AND TAKE CARE>3