A new addition pt1

Warning: contractions and labor!!!

• • •

I knew it was a bad idea to go to the Super Bowl despite being almost 39 weeks pregnant. Instead of staying home and watching the game like a normal pregnant person would, I decided to go to the game even though my do date is in just 2 weeks and I had a feeling I was going to give birth early. Now, I'm sitting in the suite, 37 weeks pregnant, praying that my water doesn't break while watching the final quarter of the game. Throughout most of this game, I have been cramping, and it's worse than usual. Normally they weren't this painful, but it's gotten so bad to the point where I've had to get up and pace the room a few times while Jimmy and Robin watched in confusion. Honestly, I was nervous. What if I was going into labor while Joe was still playing and he was going to miss the birth of our first child?

All of these thoughts were going through my head which were making the whole situation worse. Finally, Robin asked me what was wrong after I tensed up and started pacing around the room again. I told her that I was starting to cramp and it was pretty painful, so we started to count how long they lasted together. As I watched Joe who was playing absolutely amazing, I was getting more and more nervous that he would miss the birth of his child. I needed him during labor. I couldn't do this without him.

After we started counting the contractions, I could tell Robin was getting more and more concerned that they were labor contractions. Then, a really bad one washed over me and I held my stomach. "Robin, it's bad." I said and clenched my jaw while groaning. Robin grabbed onto my arm to comfort me and looked quickly between me and Jimmy. I turned back to Jimmy to see him standing there with his hands on his hips, watching me nervously. "These are definitely contractions. We should go to the hospital. By the time you get settled in, Joe should be done with the game." She said. I bit my lip and looked back at Joe who was putting it all out on the field. His jersey was all green from getting sacked so many times, yet the game was going their way. They really might win it.

"I can't leave. Joe's going to expect me down on that field when they win. There's no way I can go to the hospital." I said, feeling some relief when the contraction was over, though I knew another one would start soon. "We'll have to let him know that you're going to the hospital." She said. "There's no way to tell him. He doesn't have a phone down there. Robin...we had it all planned out. I can't give birth without my husband in a hospital without my midwife and doula. No way." I said. "Everything will be okay, I promise you. We'll find a way to contact Joe and once they see Burrow by your name, they'll give you the best medical staff at the hospital." She said. After I nodded my head nervously, she stood up and walked over to Jimmy, saying something to him that I couldn't quite make out.