Chapter 4: Blackmail

"We really gonna do this?" Nicole asked, grinning happily at the idea.

"Of course we're gonna do this, we set it all up and everything." Hyde said

"I was kidding, of course we're gonna do this. What's the point of living on the edge as pirates if we don't do dangerous shit like this?" she said, hitting the enter button on the laptop. "This is so exciting." She grinned.

"Hello, this is Vinn and Nicole's residence, who's calling?"

"Hit the video button, Vinn." Evil Nicole said in a cutesy tone.

"Nicole? Why are you calling the house from the house, are you...locked in your room or something?" he puzzled.

"Oh I'm locked into something, baby, hit the video button." She said as the screen came up. "Locked into this set of furry arms." She finished in a fake seductive manner. Vinn stared at his wife, plopped comfortably in the arms of some Delmarian he could only see from knees to collar bone.

"Wh...what the hell is going on?" he asked, blinking and rubbing his eyes as he watched his wife snuggle cheatingly.

"Put me on the line, Vinn."

"You're on the line, and you're on some other guy's lap?" Vinn barked.

"Vinn, shut up and just yell, the words 'Nicole, get down here now! And say it like you mean it'." She ordered aggressively.

"Nicole, get down here right now!?" he ordered.

"On my way!" hollered a voice from upstairs. He turned to look up and back as Nicole darted down the stairs and into the den. "What's wrong?"

"I...words don't...just look." He pointed. She looked confused.

"I don't remember recording this video, Vinn did you record us...on someone else's couch? When did I get that outfit? Vinn what the shit, is this like a virtual fantasy thing you're working on?"

"That's a live video call from offworld." He noted.

"Buuuuuuut...We're here, and why is your hair so dark?" she squinted.

"Hello Nicole." Waved, Nicole.

"Okay, So I'm lost." Vinn admitted, staring at her.

"Don't look at me like I did this." She snipped.

"You're cuddling with another man and video calling me." He said looking annoyed.

"You shitting me? I'm right here. I never cheated on you, I can't cheat on you while I'm with you, that's just stupid. You just said it's not a recording, it's live."

"Live and well." Said a dark gravely voice as the camera panned up to see Kraken's big yellow teeth smiling like a kid at Christmas. Both Vinn and Nicole did a wide-eyed slow lean to the edge of their seat like a couple of stoned teenagers that just discovered a free R rated movie.

"You're right, Vinn...words just...don't, really. What am I looking at?" she asked herself.

"You're looking at you, baby. That's right. And Kraken is here with me. Aren't ya, love fluffins?" she said, giving him a kiss and playing with his beard.

"I'm gonna throw up later, but right now I need answers." Vinn muttered. "So...I have your skull in the storage room, and you have my wife on your lap. Anyone wanna explain how those are possible since she's right here?"

"Magic lamp." Evil Nicole chuckled. "But yes, he's alive and doing great actually, he's healthy as about 2 horses, and speaking of that, Vinn you didn't tell me he was so much more BUFF than you. These arms are like hugging a hairy marble statue of Zeus." She taunted, squirming around and pawing at Kraken's bicep.