Chapter 11: AquaVinn

Vinn came home with no briefcase and a syringe in his pocket and about 20 mints. He plopped down on the couch and spotted Mel coming in from the deck.

"Hey Mel. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure buddy." She said.

"Can I ask you something while you have a top on?" he corrected.

"Sure, you can. Shy little guy aren't ya?" she smiled. "I'm only kidding. What's up?" she said, grabbing a towel and covering the girls.

"The Nicole's have this...unspoken thing. Like some secret they both have and it's always bugged me. She won't let me in on it. And then Kraken, or Hyde was involved somehow, and I drew some scary theories there, especially when the other Nicole was like...bangin him and whatnot. Like a lot apparently, and on camera. I thought for a while she was cheating on me WITH him, but it turned out to be the whole Gizzy house of nightmares tunnel fiasco. But there's still something else she keeps hiding. And then I remembered when you were drinking Nicoles...uh, smoothie."

"Sorry if that grossed you out. It's pretty common among us." She shrugged. "I didn't know it was off limits. My bad.

"Exactly. You're aquatic Eridani, basically a mermaid. She's a little bit seamonster now, always has been and didn't know it, and the guy named after sea monsters is the only Delmarian I know that can swim. I think I get what they have this connection. It's a fish thing, and I'm just a big ol heavy sinkin bunny. I mean, the first time Nicole saw me naked was when she accidentally walked in on me taking a shower. What if it wasn't just ME she was giving that look, but the water was doing it for her."

"You may be totally off track here, but I don't really know any of your sex lives, so go on. I'm very nosey and intrigued."

"But I let her have all the leaks in the house, and I blasted out that hole for the pool, and she loves that pool. But I can't get in it with her because I sink like a rock. I'm not part of the fish club, Mel. I married a little seamonster, and I'm just not one. What if she realizes I'm not watery enough and Kraken has that...Piratey Captain allure she craves. Maybe she can't tell me because I'd be insecure and jealous, and she didn't wanna hurt me, because I'm just a dry boi who can't swim. What do I do here?"

"Have you tried just showering a lot?"

"Constantly, I'm 20 percent conditioner at this point, feel the fur." he said.

"Oooh, silky." Mel eyebrowed.

"I know right, and our craziest sex night was in the shower, but she almost never joins me now and on the rare case she does, then we just...shower. The sex has gone stale ever since her transformation, I can't be doing our usual routine on the couch and like...just SURPRIZE and chuck some seawater on her with a big bucket. I got nowhere to hide a bucket within reach. Can I make myself like...fishy?"

"I really don't know. I'm not a doctor of any kind."

"You're Eridani. Your whole species thing is that you adapt to your environment over time. If I inject your blood, would I get all...mer-bunny powered?"

"No, you'd probably just get blood poisoning and sick. It's blood, not some experimental super serum Jack probably keeps for underwater missions. I'm joking, I assume that's not a thing, but with jack I never truly know, you know? Maybe you're over-thinking this. If it's just the sex, then spice up the sex. Get some pirate stuff, get a beachside hotel for the weekend with a nautical theme and a nice couple's pool. I know you can't swim, but you can touch bottom on most pools and you'd be fine. They're like 6 feet deep max. I actually know a nice place."

"I feel like if it was just a simple harmless thing she'd just tell me. Like 'Vinn, I'm a seamonster, do me in the water.' like that makes sense, nobody would be shocked. She's completely shut me out. It's like she knows I don't belong somewhere that the other Nicole does, and Kraken knows something. He sure as shit isn't telling me his trick. This is a solo mission, Mel. Something is fishy, and sadly it's just not me. I have to figure it out and get her back. I gotta prove I can adapt to whatever she changes into. I'm about to do something crazy, you wanna be part of it?"