12- warm light

Karma

Our conservations have gotten slower and Nagisa keept checking the time. It has been a long day for the both of us wich we both started with a lack of sleep and I didn't take it personal that he wanted to be home in time. Bluehour had begun as we sat in my car and the ride was about two hours long. When I wanted to start a conversation, I looked at him and realized that he was half asleep. Also I wish I could say that he looked cute or anything but his eyes were slightly open and he reminded me of that time I got Rio drunk for a video. Eventhough I really didn't want to wake him up, I still needed his exact address. When he opened his eyes, we were standing at a traffic light and he stared at me in confusion while the red light canceled out all the blue in his hair and eyes. I saw the realization and sleepiness in them and shortly after we arrived at his place, where only a few lanterns and house entries lit up the street. The early darkness of the winter was a contrast to the spring we felt coming in today. It didn't feel like 8pm

Nagisa checked the time, we were now just silently siting in my car. I felt like there was someting specific that was appropiate to say but nothing came to my mind. "Goodbye then, thanks for driving me", Nagisa seemed to have found the words but they also didn't seem to match with the situation. "Yeah", I set my navigation app to the route back home. Nagisa grabbed his back and smiled, held his hand up and headed toward his apartment door. I watched him unlocking it and how it fell shut behind him. Then the escalor lights turned on. His frame could be seen going upstairs tiredly through the tinted glasses. Another few moments later another light turned on but I only saw curtains. Grey curtains wich I recognized from his background when he has his camera on. I can't belive we met and how fast our friendship developed. Through my career I've always still connected with my non inluencer friends but I didn't make any new ones for a long while. Our goodbye felt akward and I still didn't comprehend it.

When I opened our chat the last message was still the fake confession for his friend. She so lucky to be able to see him every day.

'When will we see eachother again, today was greaaaatttt'

What a stupid message I should just drive home. Right when I started to get back to reality Nagisa replied.

'I agree'

That was a very simple response but it was followed by another message.

'Is my scarf possibly still in you car?'

Quickly I checked the passenger seat and found a mint coloured scarf under it.

'Yeah I'll bring it'

I waited another few minutes, he didn't have to know that I was still in front of his apartment and then locked the car and rung his bell. The walk upstairs seemed to take forever and Nagisa leaning in a doorframe showed me that I had arrived. He looked at me while I was taking the last few sets of stairs with his scarf hanging loose in my hands. We locked eyes as if it was the first time we saw eachother, his azure ones didn't let go of me and followed my movements until he had to look up at me when I stood infront of him. Finally he broke the contact and the tension came to an aprupt end as he spoke up. "My scarf"

Nagisa

"Oh yeah right", Karma looked down to the scarf in his grip and handed it to me. "Very lame excuse to see me again btw", he joked. "Oh come on I am so tired I can barely manage my own legs", I replied. His jokes always make it easy to get over akward situations, an ability wich I would love to have but since my social interactions minimized to two friends I don't think it would come to use often. But Karma in person proofed to get me in many of those he was just too intimidating and I really can't say if it's his status and the years I have looked up to him or his never ending golden eyes wich I am looking up to right now.

"I am glad though, I didn't get to say goodnight and I wanted to end this day smoothly", he murmured. "It's really not like that but I see your point" I said. Karma took a step closer "Goodnight then Nagisa" and to my surprise he pulled me into a light hug. I still didn't know what to say. "Is your mother already asleep?" he asked as he stepped back again. "No she is out of town for the night but she demanded a shared location so I had to be on time and to be honest I wouldn't have get trough more adventures without collapsing" I explained even though he never mentioned us using the extra time in question. "Collapse then" he looked me up and down and then suddently he grabbed my hand, pulled me inside of my own apartment wich he seemed to know way too well. The door shutting behind us was the only thing I recognized while he dragged me towards the only illuminated room. My room. The small light on my desk was the only lightsource and yet again I heard a door being closed. "What are you doing?"I could barely make out his face but both his hands pushed my shoulders. "Making sure you get to collapse properly and don't turn on your computer or anything"

At this point I had accepted my fait. I changed while karma put my phone to charge. Normaly I'd fold my clothes or threw them in the laundry basket but this evening I just mindlessly got them all over the floor. A similar feeling. Similar to when I woke up on a bench this morning. Someone was stroking my head and tucked me in and whenI opened my eyes it was karma and he had laid his gaze on me wich almost made me feel touched too. I've never seen this slight smile and it was the last thing I remembered before I completly drifted away.

Yeah I still exsist and everyone that has read this at some point probably has a family and career now lol. I promised myself to finish this cus I ain't a quitter (I am but it would hurt 2021 me way too much) I hope you dont get mad with me because I bet that I change style and tenses every chapter/ every sentence. :,)

Yes I am ashamed of some chapters here but no I willnnot edit them because lazy. have a great day/night

bb -mina