Fool!

Reader's POV

I got called to the office the next day, stupid Kid! Honestly did he have to tell his father about me being blind? I still got the job done! I was amazed by all I saw walking down the halls, I couldn't believe Shadow saw this everyday and wasn't more exited about it. Shadow smiled at me, just smiled. He seemed to find my amazement amusing. We walked into the death room and I saw Lord Death turn to greet us. Holy crap! Is that what he looks like!? It took all my strength not to roll on the floor laughing and ow my gosh his hands. What was this guy made of!? Silly string? Judging by his voice he was silly string filled with helium. "Hello (Y/N) and Shadow!" He greeted, "so I heard you have something to explain to me." I sighed, "yes sir. The thing is-."

"I'm a chemist!" Shadow interrupted, both me and Lord Death looked at my weapon in surprise. "A what?" Death asked. "A chemist," Shadow answered. "Sir, listen I'm very sorry for the confusion. But the thing is is that I tried an experiment on (Y/N) before we came to the academy. An experiment that caused her to go blind for a while, we thought it was best not to tell anyone. I wore off the day we left for the mission. I'm very sorry for not telling you."

I couldn't believe it, did Shadow just do that? He actually did that? I looked at Lord Death to see if he'd buy it. To my surprise he nodded, "I understand. Shadow you may go now, but I would like to discus the details of the mission with (Y/N)." Shadow looked at me and I nodded. He left and Lord Death turned to me. "We both know he was lying (Y/N), Stein told me about your condition, so tell me. What really happened on that battlefield?" I looked at Lord Death, surprised. "H-he told you? And you still sent me on the mission?"

"Stein said he saw something in you, if you pardon the pun, something that set you apart from other meisters. A true bond with your partner, you two communicate better than any other pair. You look out for each other and can read each other easier than anyone else. So I'll asked you again, what happened on that battle field?"

"I-I'm sorry sir, but I really don't know. I grabbed Liz and Patty because Shadow was out cold, but they changed in my hands. They went from guns to swords in seconds, and I could see. I could actually see. It's like I got ice water splashed on my face and I finally woke up. For the first time in my life, I woke up."

Lord Death seemed to ponder this for a moment, "Okay then! I believe you, now you should go find your weapon young lady!" I blinked, "Oh, Oh! Yes of course!" I hurried off to go find Shadow. I ran out to the front of the school and saw everyone was gathered around something. Shadow was near the back of the crowd, he turned and saw me. He waved and pointed to the middle of the crowd. I ran up to him and heard someone yell, fool! My legend begins in the 12th century you know! "They say it's Excalibur." Shadow whispered. He made a face. "I'm not impressed." I pushed my way to the middle of the crowd, it couldn't be. I thought, after all this time? Excalibur wouldn't just show up out of nowhere would it? I got to the middle and saw a small white...thing. I didn't know how else to explain it, he was wearing a white suit, chefs hat, and carrying a cane.

I walked right up it and brought my hand down on it's face, I guess you could call what I did a Maka Chop. Only I didn't use a book, I used my fist instead. "How dare you soil Excalibur's name!" I cried, surprising everyone. "You're not Excalibur!" Everyone just looked from me to "Excalibur" then back again. With a small flick of it's wrist "Excalibur" pointed his cane at me, "genius!" He cried, "finally someone who isn't such a fool! everyone's mouths dropped open. "Excalibur" looked around at all the shocked faces, "yes it's true." He continued, "I am not the real Excalibur. But I did meet her once and she gave me the power to transform into her likeness." He looked at me, "and you my dear are the only one who has ever noticed out of all these fools!" I smiled, "thank you. It's nice not to be counted among the fools."

"Well then." Not Excalibur said. "I should be going now, it was nice to meet you genius." And with that, he disappeared leaving me in the middle of a shocked crowd. "Well," I said. "If you all don't mind I have class now." I grabbed Shadow and walked to class, little did I know that Kid had seen the whole thing and decided at that moment that I wasn't leaving today without him as my boyfriend.