Left Behind

The time sped forward, gravity caught up with the witch, and she fell.

"AMITY!" She could hear Luz's voice yelling after her.

What surprised her, was that she was certain she heard Gus yell her name too. She could not focus on that at the moment. Her eyes were still fixated on Bergstein's piercing blue gaze, laced with panic as he watched her fall.

The witch had seen her lavender hair flow forward while her body limply fell backward. The blonde man on the edge of the cliff was getting smaller and smaller. It finally hit her. She was falling off the cliff into the darkness of the night. Amity tried to turn in midair, hoping to see when would she hit the cold, concrete-hard water but it was no simple task considering the state her body was in.

She felt her heart racing when she realized the calm sheet of the lake below her was approaching faster than she would like it to. At the last possible moment, she took in a deep breath, squeezed her eyes shut, bracing for impact, and hardly managed to keep the air inside her lungs when her back hit the cold water.

Amity's hurt body was immediately embraced by the icy sensation. Every bruise and cut was experiencing the temperature of the water more intensely. She opened her eyes and blinked rapidly to adjust to the new feeling, trying to analyze her situation.

Her clothes sucked the water in and became heavy, weighing her down, dragging her into the darkness. Soon, the bright moon disappeared, and the witch realized she was going down, deeper into the lake.

"Come on, Blight! Do something!" She scolded herself, realizing she could not let herself drown, "You have a reason to live!" Amity thought of Luz and her brows tied in determination, "She will be looking for me... I need to give her a sign!" She thought and despite the feeling of pressure painfully changing in her ears, and the air in her lungs getting less and less life-sustaining, she fought for her life.

Amity wriggled in the water, despite the pain in her arms and shoulders, she pulled her knees toward her chest, and with a little bit of struggle, she managed to bring her shackled wrists to the front of her body which was immediately pulled forward. The witch realized that it was the weight of the handcuffs that was pulling her down.

"Fuck, okay, just a simple spell to open those bastards and you're home free," She encouraged herself and closed her eyes for a mere moment to regain the calmness she needed to cast a spell.

Amity opened her eyes and was worried to realize she could not see anything anymore. Suddenly, she felt her body go through a strange layer of even denser water underneath, its temperature was even lower. Before she could have reacted to this new sensation in any way, her boots made contact with the bottom of the lake.

"Okay, at least I'll have a way to jump-start my swim to the surface," She tried to find a positive in this dire situation, "Now focus," She told herself and drew a small, purple spell circle that illuminated her body and the closest surroundings.

Amity, however, did not notice the vast emptiness of the rocky bottom of the lake, she did not notice random fish swimming by, drawn in by the beauty of the light, reflecting in her golden eyes, she was solely focused on the spell to set her free.

Yet, before she could finish the spell, the witch was shocked to realize the shackles started to glow with a bright, blue light, her spell circle disappeared, and the energy she put in the spell, shocked her body, leaving an unpleasant burning sensation in her wrists.

"No, no, no, no..." Her mind raced in panic when she realized her magic was being blocked and used against her, "I should be able to get out of here!" She thought bitterly, trying to control her reactions, afraid that this was the end for her, "At least underwater, no one will see me cry... How pathetic," Her mind offered and she let herself fall to her knees, trying to conserve as much air as possible, hoping for a rescue.