The Real Home

Luz felt an overwhelming pain, paralyzing her body. Her sweat rolled down her face while feverish shivers rummaged through her muscles. She had trouble breathing and all sounds were fuzzy. She could hear her mother's muffled voice, instructing everyone about what to do.

"Amity..." Luz thought, hoping to receive an answer but only the Demon's trill echoed in her head.

"They need help," Eda's voice trembled with fear.

Luz did not see her mother's panicked expression. It was so similar to the one she wore when her daughter fought for her life, scratched by the Owl Beast. The older Clawthorne blinked rapidly, chasing her tears away.

"Go!" Willow ordered in a calm voice, "Hunter and I will take them to Lilith and we'll join you shortly," The short witch added, pointing at the unconscious, tied-up witches. She then walked over to Danielle whose gaze was fixated on the unconscious lavender-haired woman in her arms, "Emira will save her, don't worry," She tried to reassure the worried human but to no avail.

Danielle nodded in understanding. She was too anxious to look away, counting breaths Amity let out, watching her aorta pulsate on the side of her neck, making sure the woman she came to care for was still alive.

"Meow?" Ghost scared the older brunette, jumping onto her shoulder.

"She's right," Eda agreed once Owlbert told her what the Palisman said, "Come on, Dani, we need to fly," She added, leaving the house and that was what dragged the human from her worried counting.

"F-fly?" She stuttered nervously, following the tall witch outside.

Danielle was too nervous to look at the surroundings and comprehend the new Realm. Ghost transformed into a staff and hovered beside her. The human did not want to cause a scene or disappoint Amity by endangering her more than she already was, taking too long to agree to fly.

"Just find your balance and focus on keeping Boots secure, her Palisman will do the rest," Eda instructed while she was already keeping Luz secure on Owlbert.

Danielle glanced at the witch who sat on her staff and mimicked her pose. She then looked down at Amity and pulled her closer, ensuring the young witch would be safe.

"Okay, Ghost," Danielle's voice shook with hesitation, "Take us to Emira," She added and off they went.

***

The whole flight took them less than a few minutes during which Danielle could have sworn she did not breathe, too scared to move a muscle, afraid to fall. The human did not take in the shimmering rooftops, she did not notice a blueish moon on the ultramarine sky or the strangely shaped birds, passing her by. The only thing she could focus on was Amity and her safety.

"We're almost there," She heard Eda's warning.

Danielle's body stiffened when she felt Ghost lowering her flight. She let out a small squeak at the sight of the ground approaching her rapidly. When she was certain they would crash, the flight slowed down and the Palisman let out a quiet meow, letting the human know it was safe to get off.

"These things need seatbelts..." Danielle whispered in a quivering voice before she noticed the building they arrived at, "Wow..." The human whispered with Amity in her arms, looking up at the massive Clinic.

"You can do sightseeing later, Dani," Eda dragged her out of her thoughts.

"No need to be an ass, Marilyn," The brunette replied with venom but followed the gray-haired witch inside, hearing her scoff.

***

Eda guided Danielle upstairs to the Clinic's first floor where the main area was. They passed the Nurses' Station and moved toward the Intensive Care Units. Eda stopped a Demon Nurse who was doing her rounds.