The Mother She Deserved

Luz felt a dry and stiff tongue in her mouth. While more and more sounds and bodily sensations came back to her, she realized she had a splitting headache that was brutally paralyzing her. She opened her eyes and looked around.

Luz realized her head was lolled down and drool was escaping her lips. She smacked them close and blinked harder, realizing it was the middle of the night and she was being held captive by a small fireplace.

"Oh, that's not good," She thought when she noticed her hands and legs restrained in something that seemed like hardened ground, "Construction Magic?"

"Good to see you awake, human..." Luz heard a familiar voice and lifted her head, fighting the headache to face her captor.

"Bria..." Luz growled, realizing something.

"Huh, at least my sight is back to normal," She thought, blinking rapidly before refocusing on her predicament.

"Me," The witch confirmed, "Along with Gavin," She added, pointing to a silent, dark-skinned, blue-eyed abomination witch whom she met many years ago.

The man was sitting on a boulder, staring at the fire absentmindedly. He wore casual human clothes - jeans, a puffy vest over a dark blue sweater, and a warm beanie obscuring his unruly hair. Since the last time Luz had seen him, he had grown a small mustache.

"Let me guess..." Luz teased, "You met a wealthy bitch of a witch who used money and your low self-esteem to do her dark deeds," She taunted and with the way the witch behaved, the human was sure she was right.

"Say all you want, Clawthorne," Bria hissed, walking over to the human, "You are irrelevant and I need to make some kind of living after you took away my only chance to become a professional flier and..." She explained and Luz scoffed at that.

"We were fourteenth, Bria..." Luz pointed out, interrupting, and before she could add another accurate argument she felt a powerful hit to her face.

Clawthorne could have sworn she heard her cheekbone crack. When she came to, she realized the witch's hand was covered in a rock gauntlet and human blood.

"You think I care about one race? I care about the Grudby career you destroyed of someone I care about," Bria hissed. Luz laughed maniacally, showing her blood-covered teeth.

"So you're Bosha's secret girlfriend..." Luz chuckled before spitting the excess of blood from her lips, "Pathetic," She added and felt a powerful hold on her scalp.

Luz had no chance to react when she felt a powerful tug on her damp hair and a cold abomination slime crept onto her face, closing off her airways. She let out a pitiful whimper before realizing the other witch approached her.

"Don't talk to her like that, human," Gavin said in a low voice.

"Breathing, isn't it?" Bria asked and sent a powerful hit at Luz's face, filled with the resentment she carried over the years, "Pathetic," She hissed.

It was the last thing Luz heard before everything went dark.

***

Amity woke up from her slumber with a scream. It took just one touch of Willow's hand to bring her back to reality. The lavender-haired witch opened her eyes and stared at a small fireplace, the flames reflected in her golden eyes. She shivered and her expression tensed when she realized what she had dreamed about.

"Amity?" Gus asked his distressed friend, "What did you see?" He quickly glanced at Willow and Hunter who were clearly just as worried about Amity and Luz.