𝟑

Brooklyn Hospital
17:33

That evening, the doctors finally allowed Venus and Ms

That evening, the doctors finally allowed Venus and Ms. Farris to enter the room as they explained to the family what happened.

"The fludity of the cerebrospinal fluid wasn't stabilized so they began flowing out which affected her breathing. Some of it also seeped into her blood stream and affected her blood flow as well." The male doctor told them. "I thought you said she had a successful operation though." Ms. Farris said. "It was but something in the blood had to have been strong enough to cause the fluids to burst out like that.

"So is everything resolved now?" Venus spoke finally as she looked up from caressing Y/n's expressionless face. "Yes. Everything's stable." The doctor nods. "Thank God." Ms. Farris said in relief and walked over to Y/n with her right hand placed on her chest. She reached down to hold Y/n's hand.

"But she's in a coma." The doctor said hesitantly. Both Venus and Ms. Farris whip their heads to the doctor in confusion. "For how long?" Venus asked. "We're not sure."

____________________________

Ms. Farris finessed her way into finding out where Miles's room was and like always, she got what she wanted.

The middle aged woman peeked inside the hospital room and saw Aaron standing over the Miles's bed talking to him. She spotted that Miles had a big white bandage over his eyes which sparked her curiosity so she gently knocked three times before hearing an, 'I'll be back in a minute' then Aaron came to open the door. "Mom! What the hell are you doing here??" Aaron whisper tells them quickly looks back to see if Miles was looking at the door or not but he was so he stepped out and closed the door behind him.

"I came here to see my grandson! I heard there was an accident." Ms. Farris fusses.
"Mom, to be real with you, ion think the kid likes you that much so don't com in here tryna scare him. The lil one's already terrified of you—" Aaron informs her in the nicest way possible. "-So that's why she keep runnin' from me?" Ms. Farris goes into thought totally dismissing Aaron's other points.

"Ma!" He urged her and she immediately snapped out her thoughts. "That's not the point. Why are you really here?" Aaron asked in curiosity. Ms. Farris breathed heavily and cut the shit before saying, "Y/n got injured right along with that lil shithead you call a prodigy, and she's in a coma. I wanna know what happened, and I want him to tell me." She pointed to the room.

"I understand you're hurt by it all Ma, but he's in there recovering too and you gon' mess his head up—" "Move outta my way boy!" Ms. Farris pushed him out of the way and went into tho room with a totally different attitude. "Hey baby!" Her voice was high pitched and annoying like Miles remembered causing him to scrunch his face up in irritation.

Why would Aaron let her in here yo, he thought.

"You good? I heard there was an accident what happened? Háblame baby!" She asked in a hype tone and her spanish was terrible. "Nothing much." He said vaguely as he watched her inspect all his machines as well as take note of his injuries. "Don't look like nothin' much." She mumbled.

(Talk to me)

Ms. Farris pulled up a chair to the bed to sit directly next to him. "Your eye looks bad." "'Feels bad too." Miles agreed. "What the doctors say 'bout it?" "A whole bunch of  bullshit. Long story short, 'won't take long before I'm blind out of it." Miles told her. "Mm. Your girlfriend's in a coma right now." She wasted no time in informing him.

Both Miles eyes shot open from their little slits since his eyes were resting really low. He winced a little but asked her if she was foreal. "Mhm, she got a fractured skull and just had a blood transfusion."

"From who? From where?" Miles furrowed his brows. "Venus was the only match we had—" "Oh no." Miles rushed out of his bed but as he did before, took a bunch of pills for the pain and got on a move on. "Where you think you goin' lil man?" Ms. Farris rushed to door before him even though she had a cane. "You know where I'm goin' and I know you wanna go with me." Miles says looking at Ms. Farris with a strong faced expression.

"Maybe you really are my grandson." She furrowed her brows and tilted her head a little in an amusing way.

Miles laughed dryly then asked her, "You gon' move from in front of the door?" Ms. Farris squinted her eyes and shook her head with a skeptical smirk. "I want you to tell me what  led both yall here." She demanded. "We were high, and we slipped." He told her as he sat on the edge of the hospital bed.

"Tell that bullshit to somebody who wants to hear it. What really happened?" She crossed her arms and moved away from the door. "I just told you." He shrugged. "I know it ain't the most exciting incident but that's what happened and I ain't bouta spice up the truth to satisfy you." He slowly made his way to the door as he said this. "Sorry." He shrugged emotionlessly then exited the room.

" He shrugged emotionlessly then exited the room