𝟑𝟒

Fisk Residence
19:14

"I'm doing an outstanding job here

"I'm doing an outstanding job here. That you can't deny. Yet can't you just fulfill your end of the bargain?" Jace sat across the wide meeting table from his father who smoked a cigarette. "I see you're falling in love with the job? So why is money your issue?" Pin blows smoke from his mouth. "That's literally the only reason why I do this job." Jace cuts his eyes at the big man across the table.

"Don't worry, son. I got your back. Just keep hustlin' and you'll get your fill. I promise." Kingpin extends his hand out with a sly smile. Jace just stares at his hand and clenches his jaw before exhaling deeply. "I'm going." Jace stood up. "And don't forget our deal." He leaned over the table to make sure his words lingered before pushing past the bodyguards on his way out. Pin's face hardened at those words and he grumbled.

__________________________

Río had just finished baking cookies for the house and was being careful while taking the fresh batch out of the oven when she got pushed over, almost burning herself. "Jesus, Miles! ¡Mira a dónde vas!" Río yelled as she made sure the cookies were still on the pan and none had gone to waste on the floor.

(Watch where you're going)

"Sorry, mami." Miles bent over to help her. "I didn't...see you." He said slowly and awkwardly as he looked from side to side. His mother took note of his expression then waved it off. "It's okay, honey. Things like this happen all the time." Río laughed to lighten the mood. "No they don't." He said back in a monotone expression and walked off. He felt guilty for that. He hated that this was now his life and he had to deal with being visually impaired like this.

______________________________

"Thought you'd leave us do this shit for you." Tashi bit into his apple then toon a drag of his ciggarette watching Miles walk further into Aaron's living room. He raised the corner of his lip in annoying a before looking back to Aaron. "We haven't gotten far but one thing we've established for sure is that we need to know everyone you're "friends" with." Miles furrowed his brows. "Who's in your circle? Who are you close to?" Tashi elaborated.

"No one."

"That's a lie because if that were true how could Ace find y'all?"

"Ms. Farris. I already told you that."

"But we're convinced it may be more—" "Ain't no more. What you tryna get at?" "Why are you lying?" Aaron crossed his arms. "Why are you pressing me?" Miles spoke in a not so serious tone like before. The room grew silent but Tashi's and Aaron stared the boy right in his eyes causing him to somehow fold.

"So there's this girl—" "I. Fuckin'. Knew it." "There's always a damn girl." Aaron and Tashi said simultaneously. Miles shook his head. "Player, player. I aint know you mackin' was like that." Tashi threw his hand out for a rap but Miles just stared at him like he was stupid. "She's gay."
"The best ones always are." Tashi laughed.

"She's a good friend of mine. Her dad died and shit so we been spending more time together. She just need someone to vent to, same shit here," Tashi looked at Aaron with a knowing look and Aaron returns it. "I may have told her some of the spots me and Y/n would go hit up while in PR but who the hell would she know that could put us in danger?" Miles explained.

"See?" Aaron points out the obvious.

"Can't put shit past nobody." Tashi took another bite of his apple.

Miles began thinking about this.

______________________________

"Girl, I think imma need a new do. You think so?" Venus checks her hair out in the mirror while her and Y/n sit on face time. "Girl yes, the ponytail is getting tired." Y/n says and Venus mean mugs her through the screen. "Them curls is getting tired. You should go bald." Venus calls back. "Ho, you first." Y/n flipped her hair in the camera. Then they both broke out into laughter afterwards.

They've been on the phone for about two hours or so talking about absolutely nothing. Tending to their own lives while catching up on each others.

Y/n scrolls on her phone once the laughter died down and fixed her ipad so the camera was focused on her like she did every once in a while.

"I think Miles is cheating on me." Y/n exhaled. Venus' eyes widened and she came closer to the camera. "Where the hell that come from?" "My conscience." Y/n answered. "Well that's insane. Even a blind man could see how dangerously in love he is with you, girl. Don't ever doubt it." Venus tells her.

"That's crazy coming from you." Y/n laughed lightly. "Believe me, I know," She laughed with her. "And I know I ain't never liked that boy, but that ain't never mean I didn't like him for you. Seems like he treats you well and makes sure that smile don't leave your face which is the complete opposite from what me and Jace had." "Which was?"

"WWE."

Venus and Y/n laughed. "John Cena big can't even fuck with me in the ring." Venus added as she threw her fists up.

"Either way, y'all seem good. Smooth sailing. How'd it ever come to mind of him cheating?" Venus questions. "I don't know...my gut? If he's not doing anything now, he's definitely gonna end up doing something. It's like I can almost taste it." Y/n looks into the distance.