14.

﹒⪩⪨﹒

﹒⪩⪨﹒

𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝘪𝘳𝘭 & 𝘪𝘨

﹒⪩⪨﹒

Senior year has whopped Georgia's ass

Senior year has whopped Georgia's ass. It's dragged her through the mud face first and left her drained and worn out. Okay, maybe she's exaggerating, but that's how it feels. Her usually busy social life has been stripped away, replaced with endless deadlines and study groups, turning her desk into her closest companion, accompanied by copious amount of black coffee and energy drinks. It's three weeks into November and she isn't really sure where the time's gone. Deadlines are being thrown at her faster than she imagined and midterms are scheduled for two weeks time— something she hasn't forgotten as she stares up at the calendar pinned to her wall, the week circled in red pen and underlined multiple times.

It's safe to say that thanksgiving break is well appreciated even if she doesn't usually celebrate the holiday. She's made a promise to herself that over break she's going to try and relax, leaving the remainder of her studying until she returns in a weeks time. She's flying back home to Toronto to spend a few days with her parents before returning to Michigan to spend the remainder of break with Luke's family.

Usually the full break would be spent up in Canada with her family, but her parents had planned their own trip so their time is cut short this year. Sure, she'd love to spend more time with them, but she doesn't mind. Luke invited her to spend the rest of break with his family and at first she was apprehensive; it felt like an intrusion to insert herself into their family gathering. But he reassured her that his parents wouldn't mind, in fact his mom was excited to see her again.

She had spent a few days with them last winter break and the pair got along really well. Ellen was happy to have another girl in a house full of guys she could talk to, and Georgia was happy to get to know the woman who raised one of her best friends. Ellen had also liked that Georgia seemed genuinely interested in spending time with Luke, that she wasn't just interested in getting close to him so she could be introduced to one of his brothers— a situation she had witnessed enough times to be cautious around new friends her son introduced her to. Before meeting Georgia, she had also silently hoped the relationship between her son and the girl would blossom into a romantic one, but spending time with the two made it obvious the relationship was strictly platonic. Was she disappointed? A little. Georgia's a sweet girl with a good head on her shoulders, something Jim, Luke's father, had noticed, and Ellen knows her son would be lucky to have her. But Luke thought highly of her and that was enough for his parents, even if they wouldn't admit they were a little jealous of whoever got to call her their daughter-in-law one day.