28.

﹒⪩⪨﹒

﹒⪩⪨﹒

𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

𝘪𝘳𝘭 & 𝘮𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘴

﹒⪩⪨﹒

It is as though she has woken up in a whole new apartment— and for a moment she really thinks she has

It is as though she has woken up in a whole new apartment— and for a moment she really thinks she has. The bare white walls are now decorated with hues of red and green, a number of Christmas decorations adorning the space. Fairy lights trail around the windows and although they aren't turned on, they look beautiful. A long green wreath wraps around the tv, a dusting of fake white snow coating it along with small red tassels tied into bows. Her eyes fall on the table set ahead of the couch, now clothed with an endearingly bright red and gold tablecloth. Gone are the Xbox controllers placed atop, replaced with small snow globes and tall holiday themed candles. She truly can't believe her eyes.

"Oh! Hey, you're awake." Her eyes follow the voice, turning to see Quinn stood on a small ladder, trying to reach a spot on the wall. He holds another, smaller, set of fairy lights under his arm. "Could you help me with this real quick?"

She nods, snapping out of the trance she was in, distracted by the newly decorated space. "Yeah, sure."

He finishes attaching the lights to the wall, sighing with relief as he climbs back down the ladder. "I've been trying to get them up there for the past ten minutes."

She'd be lying if she said she wasn't a little confused. She crosses her arms across her chest, moving to lean against the kitchen counter. "You decorated?"

Quinn dusts off his pants, running a hand through his hair as he wipes away a small bead of sweat. "Yeah. Luke told me about your flight being cancelled. We went out earlier to get some stuff to make the place feel a bit more Christmas-y" He explains. "I'm sorry, by the way— about not being able to get home for Christmas."