sleeping in my bed

1983/ November

As predicted, the album did great and received a lot of attention. Good and bad. The band was busy doing interviews and promoting the album. I had a lot of work too and had to take care of many projects that were coming up..endless calls, meetings and so on. My schedule was getting busier and I started to take on a lot of Doc's tasks.

During this time I bonded with the boys even more and now I can call them not only my friends, but family. At least I felt like they were my family by now. I uncovered their beginnings and learned a lot about where they came from, things that only close people to them would know. Their story's were so different, and motley was for sure a perfect name for them as a group. With each of them I connected on a deeper level, learning about how their minds work. And I was utterly happy, that they had trusted me to know them deeper as individuals. They took me in like I was one of them.

Tommy was the easiest to break through, he overshares on daily basis, but he's got the kindest soul. Vince and Mick took a longer time to open up and let me see behind their bad boy facade, but eventually they let me in, understanding that I am there for them truly, not just to grab their money. Nikki however is a different story. I still don't understand how his mind works, but one thing is for sure- he's complicatly brilliant man, with a broken soul. I learned about his childhood and path before Motley Crue. Some details he probably left out, but he had opened up to me a lot and I am grateful for that. As far as our complicated relationship is going...well, we still tease each other here and there, leaving space for connection on a deeper level. He has understood, that I will not be one of his chicks, that he can fuck whenever he wants and then leave and just move on. 

Shout at the devil sold 200,000 copies in it's first two weeks. What a success. That took interest for Ozzy Osbourne and fast forward they found themselves opening for him on his tour Bark at the Moon. How fucking exciting!

So, the day came, when we had to hit the road.

Let's roll

outfit inspo

outfit inspo

We were all on the tour bus, seated and listening to Doc. He was going over some important points and explaining how this tour should go and mostly on what their behaviour should be like. Like it's not gonna go over their heads...

I understood Docs nervousness, because it was the first tour with the Motley, even though he had managed many rock bands before. They were something else, and quite frankly, I was shitting my pants too. I had no idea what to expect. But for the time being, I tried to enjoy everything that was happening so far. Things were exciting and I had great time ahead of me.

Nikki was sitting with Tommy, while Vince was sitting besides them on the other side of the bus. Mick a seat back, behind Vince. T-bone, Nikki and Vince shared some cocaine, but Mick was holding his vodka bottle as usual. I was at the front of the bus, to catch any information Doc needs to give me, because in between his own thought process he remembers something that I should know too and instead of calling me, he can just turn around and let me know. Comfortable for both of us. As I looked out the window at the passing scenery, the boys conversations and excited laughs drifted to me like a muted soundtrack. Lost in my thoughts, I tried to imagine the possible situations these coming months would bring.