𝑒𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

Hruday

The next day, I was on my way to the office. While I was walking through the corridor, the sudden laugh of none other than Rani-Sa caught my ears and my feet slowed down.

"Of course not, Mr. Rituraj." She said and I guessed she was talking over the phone. I know I should not be invading over someone's conversation even if that someone if Rani-Sa but I still can't help but wonder why she is talking to the Chief Editor of TV Today, the news channel that covers all our family's events.

"Don't mind the Yuvraaj's words. You are not going to be cancelled from any of our events. After all, this an old and favorable friendship. How can we break it over such small matters?"

Small matters, my blood boils just thinking about it. Ridhima was nearly traumatized by them and the Rani-Sa thinks it is a small matter? The girl was shaking, for god's sake.

When she finally cuts the call and walks out of the room, her eyes meet mine and she goes silent for a second, probably knowing that she was caught in her act.

"So, it was you." I say to her, trying my best not to lose my cool. Accidentally causing someone harm is one thing but going out of her way to make other's life difficult. Rani-Sa's actions really piss me off.

"Good to see you this early, Hruday-" She tries to play cool but I am having none of it.

"Don't try to act nice with me. You were the one who sent the reporters, didn't you? That is why you forced her to come with me." I accuse her. There is no point in even asking because she knows that I already know the truth.

"I do not know what you are talking about." She says, holding her head high. "It is better for them to know accidentally than to make an official announcement after what happened at the last Press Meeting. After all, you are the one who ruined it. Remember?"

I stare at her, my eyes cold and hard. If I could say all of the words that are actually coming in my head, this woman would not be standing here. But the burden of her and my position stops me from overstepping my boundaries.

"Stop bringing Ridhima into your games." I tell her in a harsh voice. "She already agreed to all your schemes."

"Oh." Rani-Sa's face is overcome with an interested smile. "Not even engaged and already so protective of her."

"Rani-Sa, you-"

"Hruday, my dear. You should leave how to run the Raj Palace to me. Focus on your responsibilities instead. And speaking of responsibilities, aren't you getting late for that meeting with our international investors?" She says and looks at her watch and then at me, smiling with a knowing look.

I glare at her and she walks away without any other explanation, not even a little bit guilty of her actions. Even though I am angry and want to stop and confront her, it is true that I am getting late for my meeting. Just as I think about it, my phone rings.

"Hruday, Bhai, are you coming or not?" Ishaan asks me over the phone. I check the time and I am already five minutes late. "I think there is some problem at their side and they want to speak with you."

"I am on my way." I tell him and quickly rush to the car.

" I tell him and quickly rush to the car