𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

Ridhima

"Take care." My mother tells me, separating from the hug. She is really worrying like I am going on an international trip. "And don't forget to sleep and eat on time."

"Yes. Don't worry. It is only a small Charity Event. I will be back in no time." I tell her with a smile. Two days after the engagement, Hruday had informed me that the lady we met in the party, Ms. Sangeeta Sharma had officially sent us an invite saying that both of us were invited to the Charity Event that is being hosted in Ajmer. And that is how this visit to Ajmer had been brought into action.

"Since Jamai-Sa is going with you I am a little less worried." My mother says with a smile, dreamily thinking about something.

"Since when are you calling him that?" I ask her, making a weird expression, which earns me a slap on the shoulder. Yuvraani or not, one cannot escape their mother's anger.

"What is wrong with me calling my son-in-law what he is?" My mother defends. "I saw how much he cared for you in the engagement party. Initially I was worried but... seems like he has all the traits of his father."

"Wow. I was being cared for but I did not even see or feel it." I joke, earning a scolding look from my mother.

My mother suddenly puts a hand really close to my eyes.

"Can you see now?" She asks and I shake my head in a no. Then she moves her hand further away and now that my vision is in focus again, she repeats her question. "Can you see now?"

"Yes. But what are you trying to do?"

"When you are too close, sometimes your vision blurs. You can only see the dark parts. But as soon as there is some distance and you have time to focus, you see it clearly."

I only look at her, confused by her philosophical words.

"Who do you think sent you the food tray after the party ended? This careless girl always forgetting to eat but my Jamai-Sa was the one asking all the servants to send food for you. And I saw it on the news, what he said in the interview. Don't you dare criticize him."

I stop fixing my bags at her words. So, it was him? I am instantly reminded of that night when Hruday came to knock at my door to make sure I had eaten. A happy feeling fills inside of me. Maybe, just maybe, my mother is right. Maybe I am looking so closely that I am not able to see the ways he is trying to care for me in his own different ways.

 Maybe I am looking so closely that I am not able to see the ways he is trying to care for me in his own different ways

Hruday and I get on the private jet, the whole experience a little bit surreal for me. It was my first time being inside a private jet and slowly I was realizing why people killed each other over money. Money isn't exactly a bad thing. In fact, it's a pretty good thing when it comes to luxuries like these.

The inside of the private jet was even more magnificent than the outside. The seats looked less like seats and more like very expensive couches, that even had matching cushions set neatly on them. The tables were big and shiny, having a gold border like everything in the Raj Palace, equipped with flower vases filled with fresh flowers. The whole cabin was light up with overhead lights and there was even a TV right in front of us.