chapter 4

In Arhura, the city in the sky, a man came to report to Ellah, the ruler of all things. He was god, the only true god. All beings bowed to him, the demons trembled before him. He ruled over everything, Ardelia included. He created all things, at least that's what everyone believes.

The man walked into the throne room and bowed before Ellah. He waited for Ellah to signal him to rise and give his message.

" Rise" Ellah's voice thundered through the room.
The man rose but didn't speak.

"Why are you here Lucien? It is not time for the yearly report." Ellah said.

A court meeting is held once every 365 days -the number of days chosen to be a year. It was chosen based on the courses of the sun and moon- where all the angels and other good beings come to report their findings and missions every year. Only in matters of urgency, when peace and order of the world had been broken, and an order from the superior is needed for action to be taken, could an impromptu audience be requested.

" Something came up, my lord. Just last week I saw a demon in the woods on Ardelia". Lucien said

" And? Isn't your job as the prosecutor to send him back to his realm where he awaits the end of days?".

" Yes, which I did, but my lord the amount of demons and half demons breaking the law of order and peace is increasing. Just this month I have sent back five half-demons, I have seen a fae leave his realm, and even the fairies that were known to be dominant are growing strong and loud. It is as though something is rattling them." Said Lucien.

"Do you think they're planning something?" Asked Ellah.

"I don't know, but if they are I think we should find out and handle it early before matters get out of hand"

"Hmm,...the proposition is a good one...... Find out what is going on and report back to me."

" Yes my lord".

"Any other problem?." Ellah asked seeing as Lucien hadn't left to get on with his mission.

" My lord, there is still one more problem"

" And it is?"

"I operate from the realm of the created and prosecute trespassers by casting them back to their realms using siglet gem. I do not have access to other realms neither am I allowed to cross into them.". A long pause

"Get on with it" Ellah said irritated by his hesitation.

"If you grant me entrance to the other realms, only then could I guarantee success ". He said.

Ellah gave it some thought, seeing that it made sense to grant him entry to other realms, He brought a key out of nowhere and handed it to Lucien.

" Take this, it's a key that opens every door, even those of the realms. This is the only access I can grant you. Lose it and you lose your entry."

Lucien took the key. Bowed and left the city in the sky.

***************

Ellah had looked into Lucien's mind, all he said had been true but there was a part he tried so hard to hide from him, he had to be up to something. Maybe he was trying to connect back with his people. He summoned one of his guardians

"Watch him, he might be up to something."

"Yes my lord" the guardian replied.

********************
Lucien left the city of the sky and breathed a sigh of relief. He hoped he was able to hide that bit of information he didn't want his master to know. His master is all-knowing of course but Lucien had waited three whole days for his master to call for him after the incident with the girl, But he got no call so he assumed he had had better things doing during the encounter and didn't know it had happened. Assuming that his master knew nothing about the incident and coupled with the fact that he didn't receive any calls from him he decided to go up and tell him what was happening. The demons and their half-breed bastards have been stirring up more trouble and who best deal with them than their fellow halfbreed they loathed so much?, knowing he couldn't take any action without an order from the master he had to carry the information to him, "Now he has the key, he should get to his job" he thought as he opened the door to his cottage.

Travelling up to Arhura takes up to a week, an extra three days for getting an audience with Ellah, the fact he was a halfbreed bastard made the process even slower. He was exhausted and had to rest. He dragged himself to his room and lay on his bed. His cottage wasn't a luxurious one but it was cosy and warm, who needed luxury anyway he was barely home. He wasn't even a man of luxury, as long as he could lay his head and sleep, eat a decent meal then he was just fine.

Lying on his bed, he thought about the brown-haired girl in the woods. She wasn't as beautiful as the girls he had seen, but there was something about her, something different. He had saved many Ardelian women from demons trying to inflict their souls, but never had they been able to see them, except her. At first, he had thought she was a fae in human skin. When he grabbed her arm he felt something, he had felt something different but he wasn't sure what it was.

"What are you doing here and why are you chasing that demon?" He had asked her and she answered asking in awe if demons existed, that was when he knew she was just a human and had no idea what was going on. He knew she wasn't supposed to be there and should have taken her to one of the guidance to cleanse her but he had panicked because she had seen him in divine-that was his angel part-. He never used his demon, didn't even know if he had one, if he did he sure as hell didn't want to have anything to do with it.
His father's clan, the Watchers, were once angels but after they broke the law and mated with the created they were banished, and all their divine was changed to demons without any trace left. He didn't know how he still had his divine but was grateful he wasn't banished along with them and that debt was something he'd pay in the rest of his days. He never took his job as the prosecutor for granted, it was the only way he could atone for what his people did and are still doing, this is why he couldn't believe he had made a mistake and let himself be seen by a created. That was the number one law that ruled the spiritual realms, the law the watchers broke when they came down to Ardelia, he couldn't afford to be found breaking that law given his nature as halfbreed. No one would listen to his explanation, the law was the law whether you break it intentionally or not you get punished, as the prosecutor he knew this well. He had to cover up his mistake so he wiped her memory. Using his divine on a person for his mistake felt really wrong to him.

He sighed and tried to sleep, but he felt restless. His mind kept going back to that girl for some reason. He can't be attracted to a woman, he'd just defile himself like his fathers had done. In all his five hundred years alive he had never been attracted to any woman. No matter how beautiful she was, no matter her colour, they never appealed to him, what was different now?

"It's probably because I feel I wronged her by wiping out her memory". He thought, "And her eyes I forgot to heal them, she might be blind by now and it would be my fault," He thought. He quickly carried her back into her room and laid her on the bed without stopping to heal her eyes, he didn't have any more time and needed to send the demon back to his realm before he got away and forgot to go back to heal her. Now she might just have gone blind.

Feeling terrible he decided he'd go back to her house but this time in his normal form and heal her eyes. He felt better now he had a plan in mind, soon after he fell asleep.