The Future of Indisposable Trash

Hi all, I know I've been pretty absent. There are reasons for that.

First of all, last year was hell. I had to fight tooth and nail to get to the degree I wanted. I also had to juggle other life things on top of that as well as hospitalisation. All in all, it was not fun.

Then I lost someone, someone who was dear to me and I just couldn't write for a while. In that period I had to re evaluate a few things. It was at a time where I really debated whether to stop writing or not. I did write. In fact, I had to as it was a way for me to cope, for me to process what happened.

It was a way for me to feel that pain, and then kind of put it on paper, where it wouldn't hurt as much as before. It took a while but, after forcing myself to write a novella exploring grief in a post human world, I think I am ready to ease myself back into my old ideas.

And in that time, I lost my USB, my plan for this series. Given the way the human brain works, it's a bit hard to recall a plan for an entire series, especially with all the plot threads and everything else that came with it. I know my big and basic plot points but the intricate, smaller ones are lost. Rebuilding that will take time, a lot of time.

As I was looking through my writing, I realised that my vision for Indisposable Trash shifted. I suppose I could attribute that to, well, more life experiences and more writing experience. I want this story to be better. Younger me did not have that skill but I hope this me, this older, more experienced me will. 

And this older me might take a bit, but I hope, at least for the next two years that it won't be as much as before. My uni life will ramp up after those two years, not to mention the three years of hell that will be after graduation where I have to get practical experience in many places with 12+ hour shifts as an intern. 

But I hope that by then, volume one will be done.

So, please be patient. I will try my best and I sure as hell, as long as I live, will not abandon this project. It was my first big idea and it is very dear to me, despite the changes it has and will go through. I suppose the main change will be partially the writing style as I hope it will be more suitable for the tone and the pacing. I realised that the characters in the beginning were not that well introduced as well as what the status quo was like before the whole explosion and vaporising light thing happened. I, after some feedback, also realised I needed to make the connection between Earth and Elusyia very clear. 

So, with this in mind, I will do a full rewrite. Hopefully, the third time is the charm. When I have a backlog, I will update this book once more to inform you of it as I will start from a fresh slate, a new book rather than deleting and adding the new content. 

See you then,

Arland.