Prologue: The Rise of the Strongest

[Y/N]: "So you're telling me that im dead?"

This is [Y/N], your average Japanese teenager, about 17 years old. He plays a lot of JRPGs but not to the point where that's all he does. He's also a big fan of anime, namely Jujutsu Kaisen.

???: "Yes, you are dead."

This is Aqua, the Goddess Of Water

This is Aqua, the Goddess Of Water. She guides the departed to heaven. Oh, and she doesn't wear underwear. (i think)

Right now, they're in an empty void, nothing but two chairs and the two inhabitants are present-

???: "AAAH! W-WHERE AM I?! WHAT HAPPENED?!"

Nevermind, there's now three chairs and three inhabitants.

This is Kazuma, best described as a hikikomori NEET. After a... certain event happened, he locked himself in his room and plays video games 24/7. A sad fate for a young boy.

[Y/N]: "Calm down. Basically, your dead."

Kazuma: "And you expect me to just calm down after hearing that?!"

[Y/N]: "Nothing we can do now can we? We're... Actually, why are we here exactly? Isn't it like, your job to tell "

Aqua: "Yes, Satou Kazuma-san, [Y/N] [L/N]-san, you both have passed on, so-"

[Y/N]: "Kazuma, eh? Not a bad name."

Kazuma: "Thanks, you too."

They both shook hands in front of the interrupted goddess.

Aqua: "Hey! Let me finish! Weren't you the one who asked why are you doing here?!"

[Y/N]: "So, how exactly did you die?"

Kazuma: "You go first."

[Y/N]: "Alright, fine. So, i was walking around Tokyo, where all of a sudden, i tripped on a pebble and fell on a large set of stairs, and that was the last thing i saw."

Kazuma: "Death by stairs... Never did i think stairs could kill."

[Y/N]: "If heaven's gonna have a staircase, then i better have some wings to fly over it. Anyways, how about you?"

Aqua: "HELLO?! IM RIGHT HERE! ACKNOWLEDGE MEEEEE!"

Kazuma: "Ah, right... I think i got ran over by a truck trying to save a girl."

[Y/N]: "Ah, classic Truck-kun."

Kazuma: "Actually, is the girl safe?"

He turned to the still-screaming Aqua

Aqua: "Finally! Anyways, yes, she lives. But her leg is fractured."

Kazuma breathes a sigh of relief.

Aqua: "But she would've been perfectly fine even if you hadn't intervened."

Kazuma: "...Eh?"

[Y/N]: "Ooh, the plot thickens."