Ch 9: WARNING: BOSS LEVEL ENEMY DETECTED

Adventurer's Guild | Present Day | Axel

PDA: "Emergency broadcast! Emergency broadcast! Attention all adventurers, please prepare for combat and report to the main gate of the city!"

The familiar emergency broadcast could be heard throughout the entire town.

After hearing the broadcast, our group put on their gear and rushed onto the scene.

A lot of adventurers were gathered at the main gate. When they reached the scene, they saw an intimidating monster standing before them, and they could only blankly stare at it.

Dullahan.

A monster that brought despair and the premonition of death to men and women alike.

After turning into an undead, its physical strength was stronger than it was in life, and it gained unique powers as well.

The knight in black armor standing at the front gate held his head on the left side of his body. Before the eyes of the gathered adventurers, he presented his head that was covered fully in its helmet before everyone.

The head said in a distorted voice:

Dullahan: "I'm a Demon King's General, and have recently moved into a castle nearby..."

As he spoke, the head started trembling.

Dullahan: "Every day, every day, every day! Where is that crazy idiot who comes to my castle to cast Explosion every, DAMN, DAY!?"

This General of the Demon King's army was seriously angry.

The yelling Dullahan seemed to be suppressing his anger until he couldn't hold back anymore, making the adventurers around me chatter.

...Or rather, everyone present didn't seem to get what was happening.

Anyway, the reason for the emergency summons was probably due to the Dullahan going mad from fury before them.

Adventurer 3: "... Explosion?"

Adventurer 1: "The one who knows explosion magic is..."

Adventurer 6: "If you're talking about Explosion, it would be..."

The gaze of the people around us naturally fell on Megumin beside the brunet.

Megumin, who was the center of attention, turned her head sharply at a girl mage standing beside her.

Affected by her action, Kazuma looked at that girl. Everyone else was also influenced and stared at that girl...

Mage: "Huh? M-Me? Why are you all looking at me? I can't use explosion magic!"

The girl mage being framed denied in a hurry.

Kazuma: '...Wait, could it be...? The abandoned castle where we cast explosion magic every day!? Wait! That's impossible! [Y/N] said he couldn't detect any unreasonably high mana concentration. So how did he miss him?!'

He peeked at Megumin, and saw her sweating.

This fellow noticed too.

Finally, Megumin sighed and walked forward with an annoyed face.