26.5.2.1

"KING, I AM LOOKING OUT FOR Y/N," Kai yells at back. "Looking out? Planning something like this is bound to create more trauma than a heart break, what's gotten into you?," I ask her but she scoffs.

"What's gotten into me? More like what's gotten into you. A month ago, I let it be when I found out you already went ahead and seduced my date, I let it slide that you lied to me about meeting him for the first time when your 'car broke down' even though he's HER sister–someone you definitely have met on countless occasions, and when we started talking again and you told me you want my blessing to take things further with him, I allowed it."

"You know I didn't lie and I didn't ask for that to happen when I didn't know-"

"King I don't care! I'm over him. Stop with the lame excuses and stop missing the point. I've been letting so much slide from you, we barely even talk anymore now that you're officially part of her family, dating her brother behind her back and being her loyal friend. What about me? Hm? You even hung up on me when you called?! You're so selfish," she spits out and I stay quiet.

"Hina and Atsumu were just getting to the point of dating until Y/n and him began flirting, honestly reminds me of how Tooru and you were to me and even though I handled it well, I'm not letting someone else fall victim to the same crime," she says "Why should Y/n suffer to see that though when its Atsumu who's two timing? Y/n shouldn't have to be involved," I defend but she shakes her head.

"King come on, Atsumu and Y/n are the closest of friends and you want me to pretend like she knew nothing about his love life? They knew well that Atsumu was close to dating and she took her chance to swoop in before anything could happen," she explains but I almost wanted to laugh at her words. "Kai, the most petty thing I've seen Y/n do is not wave her customer goodbye because they were rude to her when she was serving them coffee," I say back but she still won't budge.

"Hina has been crying and contemplating over this man, you don't understand the anxiety this girl has and just wants peace from her man's girl best friend. This will help Atsumu figure out who he truly wants to be with so there can be clarity and peace, no more pain". She walks closer to me and holds my hands in hers, squeezing them softly. "King, we both know Atsumu can be so dense with this kind of thing, he just needs a nudge. This is for Hina's sake as much as it is Y/n's. Girls must protect girls".

But the thing that confused me most was, who was I protecting?

------------------------

WEEKS LATER>>>>>>>>

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and answered it once I recognised the number.

"Hellooooo," I greet but I hear her quickly scuttling around and a door being shut behind her.

"King I don't know what just happened, I was showing my art and I got fucking ate out," she immediately blurts out and my brain couldn't piece together all thats happened in the few seconds of this call.

"FROM THE INTERVIEWER?," I ask as it was the only event she told me she was doing today.

"Shhh, no from Atsumu"

"The blondie one?!"

"YES! It was so random, I think that's the first time we ever got close like that, I'm confused"

"I knew this would happen- what's there to be confused about?"

"Do I like him?" she whispers. "Wait, does he even like me? He's never been like that before, something is definitely bugging him."

"You over think too much," I tell her, trying to brush it off as nothing so things don't get complicated.

"I don't want this to be a friends with benefits thing"