47

"T-Toga?!" Izuku gasped, stumbling back a few steps. "But I- you- how did- I-I don't understand, you're not like this anymore!"

Aizawa pulled his scarf taut and rushed forward, sending the weapon forward with the flick of a wrist.

"Wait, stop!" Izuku pleaded, running after Aizawa. He can't hurt Toga. I can't hurt Toga. What is she doing?!

"That isn't Toga," Aizawa said lowly, tightening the scarf around Toga's waist. "It's one of Twice's copies."

The wrapped Toga giggled before dashing towards the teacher with a knife poking out at the edge of the scarf. "I feel pretty real!"

Without a moment of hesitation, Aizawa tightened the scarf further, and Toga burst into a mess of gray goop, goop that Izuku recognized from the summer camp.

He felt the knot inside of his stomach loosen as his shoulders slumped forward. "Oh, thank god." Recomposing himself, he jogged over to Rock Lock. "You alright, man?"

"Do I look alright?!" Rock Lock snapped, holding his wound with a grimace.

"Well, there's no need to be rude," Izuku noted. He looked up and raised a hand next to his mask. "Creati! You still good?!"

Yaoyorozu's weak voice rang out from the other room. "I'm fine! Please just try not to die!"

Izuku felt Aizawa's presence over his shoulder and looked up to see his teacher cutting off a section at the end of his scarf.

"Here, try and wrap his wound."

Izuku nodded, taking the fabric and using the basic first aid he'd learned to help the stab wound. Part of him was thankful that Toga wasn't really there with them, knowing that seeing this much blood would really set her off.

Another part of the walls ground open and revealed the other reason Izuku was grateful for Toga's absence rushing towards them.

"Eraserhead!" He called out, pushing up as Twice stopped in his tracks, looking around the room with confusion. Izuku took out his bat, gripping the handle tightly. "Take care of Rock Lock. I have a fucking bone to pick."

Aizawa frowned but didn't get a chance to argue. Izuku was already running.

"Aggie, deploy skates."

The wheels popped out of the bottom of Izuku's boots as he rushed forward. He lifted his bat, reaching the man with deadly speed.

Twice took a few steps back, still searching the room. "Where's Himiko?! I thought she's been sticking to Midoriya's side since leaving!"

Izuku's chest tightened as he set his jaw, swinging his beloved hunk of wood at the man's head. He didn't sway when Twice ducked, spinning around and slamming his foot against the villain's back, knocking him to the ground.

"Keep her name out of your mouth!" Izuku screamed, swiping again with his bat and hitting Twice in the back of the head. "She wants nothing to do with you! Leave her the fuck alone!" He lifted his bat again, aiming another hit to the head.

Twice flipped over, lifting his arms in front of his face. "Stop! One more hit and I'll dissolve!"

Izuku hesitated, remembering when Toga had told him about Twice's story. Something about how he didn't believe that he wasn't a clone himself. Beneath his mask, Izuku ground his teeth together but didn't take the hit. Instead, he dropped one hand and grabbed a pair of handcuffs from his belt, tossing them to Twice. "Restrain yourself. Now. " He readied the bat again for good measure, seeing the man flinch before quickly obeying. Once he was restrained, Izuku lowered his bat and looked back at Aizawa.