17.

﹒⪩⪨﹒

﹒⪩⪨﹒

𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝘪𝘳𝘭

﹒⪩⪨﹒

𝘪 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘨𝘰 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯
𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰
𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥
𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭, 𝘪 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘴

﹒⪩⪨﹒

Some people love mornings

Some people love mornings. Some people relish in knowing they're awake before the sun rises. Let it be known that Georgia Maria Fantilli is certainly not one of those people. She hates mornings and she especially hates early mornings. But being a guest at someone else's house means not rolling out of bed close to noon. Today she's decided to ditch her usual late wake up for a 6am one. Although as she sits up, still half asleep, at the edge of the bed and stares out the window to see it's still pitch black outside, she immediately regrets that decision, wanting nothing more than to crawl back into the sheets. The window isn't even open, yet she can already feel the cold in the air, taunting her exposed skin. A shiver runs up her spine, causing her arms to quickly reach out for her discarded hoodie from the night before. She slips on a pair of fuzzy red socks, deciding to take the plunge of leaving her bed before she inevitably falls back to sleep.

She brushes her teeth and washes her face, the ice cold water shocking her body awake. As she makes her way downstairs, careful to make as little noise as possible, she concludes that everyone must still be asleep. She makes eye contact with a small coffee machine sitting in the kitchen, thanking her lucky stars that the Hughes family are coffee drinkers. The house is chilly, but she doesn't dare try to put the heat on, instead opting to wrap her hands around the mug of coffee the second it's done brewing, savouring the feeling it gives as the heat spreads throughout her body.