III: From the North

1A, 936Y

Kasterborous

A female figure flew through the fluffy and thick, white and grey clouds on a large, golden griffin, its' feathered, golden wings spread across the sky and its silver white head looked ahead, to where it was going. It looked almost like an eagle from Southward, but was at least six times bigger, big enough for a large human to ride on, instead of having two feet like its cousins down below, these griffins had four legs and feet, golden in colour with large talons on its feet. Its powerful eyes pierced through the thick clouds and looked at its exact path, though its rider was in control for most of it, the griffin maintained some control, to make sure it rider didn't get it stuck, even though the griffin is an elegant creature which can twist and turn in almost every way. The rider had her long, orange hair tied back tightly and was tailing gently through the air behind her, she wore long black trousers and a long-sleeved blue shirt, and had a large bag strapped to her back and a long and slender, black and silver staff tied down behind her onto the griffin, to make sure it wouldn't fly off in the wind. The griffin and rider continued through the thick clouds for several minutes before the griffin called out loudly and the clouds began to thin out and the rider regained manual control over the creature as she could actually see where she was going in the thin pearl white clouds. Out of the clouds before them a great city appeared, it looked as though it had been ripped from the ground a thrust upon the clouds, its enormous, grand spires and towers stood high and proud in the crystal light of day. Apart from the grand spires and towers, the city itself spun out from the central tower, an enormous tower, much taller than the ones around it which the people called The Citadel. It expanded out into several districts, four main districts, with four main embassies of four main races. The Humans, the Elves, the Orcs and the Trolls, the Dwarves didn't approve of magic and therefore stayed in their mountain halls, to carve the earth. Each race stayed in their areas, though they were free to go to whichever district they wanted to go over too, some humans and elves had good friends with the other races and the same with the Orcs and the Trolls. Along the main street there were shops, taverns, bakeries, and an assortment of many different things. The city was a major sanctuary for those who were willing to learn the arts of magic and study it thoroughly. The city was controlled by a High Council of mages with an arch-mage to control over them all, the race rotated around so none of the four races would feel left out. The High Council of mages consisted of the four leaders of their races. The man; High-Mage Drielm, The elf; High-Mage Nita, The orc; High-Mage Orgtar and the troll; High-Mage Saldrjn. Each of them controlled their race of mages and they were all extremely good friends. The Arch-Mage of the current time was a woman by the name of Kaelza who was beloved by all of the Mages in Kasterborous and was one of the best Arch-Mages in the North.

The rider flew towards The Citadel at a gentle glide; the griffin gave out a large call to let the Arch-Mage that she had arrived and continued towards an open roost in one of the high levels of the tower. Slowly but gently the rider flew into the roost and dismounted her griffin.

"Well done, we did it. Let's hope Our Sister is in a good mood, I've heard that she hasn't been very happy lately" The rider said quietly to the griffin which gave out a low and soft call. The rider took off her staff and the rest of her luggage off her friend and put it down on the light coloured wooden floor and leaded the griffin towards a nest of straw to the side of the roost, next to a few more, different coloured griffins, hippogryphs and wyverns. Each of the nests were named with the name of the creature and rider on an engraved, golden plate. The rider went over to the one near the edge and next to the Arch-Mages blue, orange and black hippogryph which was named Boomy. The griffin jumped into his nest and settled down, the nameplate on the front of it denoted that the creature was called Ripchar and the rider was called Emelza. Emelza gently stroked her birds face as told him to rest up.