IX: One Mage

1A, 936Y

Kasterborous

Jêss and Annariel feel onto their backs through the swirling portal. Looking around they saw five mages, A man, a woman, a troll, an elf and an orc, each keeping the portal stable with glowing energies in their hands; The room they landed in was quite a clean and white room, with dark wooden floorboards. Large marble pillars reached up and supported the stained glass dome roof, greens and red rained down on them as the last light of the day came through the dome. Jêss jumped to her feet and looked for the leader, spinning around and looking at the robes of the mages.

"Is that it? Where is the third?" the woman spoke up, her light blonde her was out and was tucked behind her ears. Jêss looked at her and raised her voice.

"Close it! Close it!" she yelled, tears falling down her pale face. The woman closed her hands and the glowing spell dissipated, the other mages did the same and the portal began to wobble and retract to the centre, before entirely disappearing.

"Is everything alright?" the elvish woman asked, her voice was both calming and soft to Jêss and Annariel.

"No, the Werjian have taken over Winterhelm!" Annariel asked, walking over quickly to her queen and looking slightly peeved at being within the presence of mages.

"Werjian? Shoudent dey all be gone" the Troll replied questioningly. Tears streamed from Jêss' eyes and the blonde woman gently walked over to her and wrapped her arms around her.

"You're safe, it's okay. Welcome to Kasterborous, I am Arch-Mage Kaelza" She said soothing and the circle of mages followed suite.

"I am High-Mage Nita" The elvish woman replied softly, she had long brown hair and striking green eyes, freckles were dotted all over her face. Next the Orc spoke up, his long black hair was braided and his beard was in the same manner. His grey skin and almost black eyes frightened the two. He seemed to be of Blackveil appearance.

"I am High-Mage Orgtar," He said, his deep and chesty voice sounded throughout the room loudly. "Do not worry, I can tell by your face you think I am of Blackveil, I am not though, I am not associated with that criminal clan, nor will I ever be" He continued.

The man stepped forward, he had long sandy blonde hair which was swept to the right of his face; at the back of his head his hair was tied in a neat pony tail. He spoke up with a deep voice, his long blonde beard moving with his mouth movements.

"I am High-Mage Drielm, also known as the Lunar Mage" He said, a smile growing on his face. Jêss still being hugged by the Arch-Mage and Annariel standing by her side, looked up at Kaelza who rolled her eyes at the mage's charisma. Next the tall troll approached them and kneeled, still at eye level for Jêss, he began to speak. His accent hard to understand and his short black beard with was braided with beads followed the movement of his speech. Annariel looked curiously at his tall black Mohawk, wondering how he keeps it up.

"I am High-Mage Saldrjn, but ya can jus' call meh Saldrjn, High Queen Jêss of Winder'elm".

"You know me?" Jêss asked curiously, wiping a tear out of her eye.

"Winder'elm be a good friend of da Trolls of de Eleneth Desert, If wat ya say be true, den da Trolls be upset, but dey may try to cleanse yah 'ome with dere strong magic". Jêss looked up at Saldrjn with appreciation and nodded.

"Thank you" She said and the Troll bowed.

"No, tank ya, mah Lady, for bein' such a good friend of da trolls" He replied and looked back to Kaelza.

"Come Jêss, Annariel. Let's go back to my quarters and meet my Sister, then I'll go and get you something to eat and drink. It is important to both eat and drink after travelling through the Plane of Rifts" Kaelza said and walked with the two newcomers. The other High-Mages followed them out and went down a different way to the three. After climbing up the stairs at the end of the hallway and up into another hallway, at the end of the hallway was a wooden door with a golden nameplate on it, it basically denoted that this was Kaelza's room and she was the Arch-Mage. Kaelza knocked on the door to her room expecting a reply but received none. Cautiously Kaelza opened the door and peered inside. Her cat, Varian, lay sleeping on her desk, a fire crackled warmly in the decorated stone fireplace at one end of the room; its glow was warming and lit the room up slightly.