XV: And if those who have fallen fail

1A, 938Y

Anni Opal-Slate

"Yer've done what?!" Kelo yelled at Parry, his voice crazed.

"I've become a Lich Lord, a leader for these Death Knights" He said back "Besides, High Queen Jêss and Anni are ruling Anni Opal-Slate" He drank deep from his mug of ale, the tavern was empty except for him, Kelo and Emelza; and of course the barkeep. Emelza stared deeply into fire, a tear rolled down her cheek as Parry had already told her the news of her Sister's rebirth, and she sat quietly with not a word escaping her mouth.

"Yer, yer...yer nuts lad" Kelo said, taking a massive swig of his mead.

"I know" Parry said back, looking towards Emelza worried "She's alive you know Kelo, well I say alive" Parry said and Kelo looked down into his drink.

"I don't know who you mean"

"Yes you do" Parry said, putting a hand on the dwarf's shoulder "She's pretty, and she doesn't seem hurt or damaged from that blast"

"Is she still the same? Is her skin still..." Kelo said and Parry looked at him.

"Fair, yet pale, no marks or scars on her face" He said back to the dwarf as Kelo slumped back into his chair.

"Auril, Lieutenant Auril of Winterhelm, now Death Knight to the Deathguard" Kelo looked up at the king. "Where is she now? Is she in Old Opal-Slate?" he asked, curiosity and hope rising in his voice.

"No, she's gone with an expedition into the Forgotten Reach and into the Winterhills" Parry looked up and sipped at his drink.

"What of my sister?" Emelza spoke up, she turned around with watering irritated eyes "Where is she?" she asked and parry looked surprised.

"She's helping train our forces" he said, saddening the upset woman.

"My King, I have a proposal" Kelo said, Parry turned around to him.

"Yeah?" he asked questioningly.

"I would like to go to the Forgotten Reach" Parry sat in thought for a moment.

"No, I need you with me"

"I have one too My Lord" Emelza spoke up, Parry confused at his friends wants listened to her.

"Do you wish to help your sister?" he said, Emelza just shook her head.

"I want to go to Winterhelm, I wish to help those werjian, I know how to do it too" Parry stood up and walked over to her and wiped the tears from her eyes gently.

"Yes, we will go to Winterhelm, I'm not going to risk you getting scratched" Parry said back.

"Okay, how shall we get there" Kelo asked; Emelza just smiled, her perfect white teeth showing.

"I'm a mage, remember?" She said to Kelo who just began to protest when they became enveloped in light and entered a shadowy realm of their own and spiralled towards Winterhelm.

Jêss and Anni walked slowly through the streets of Kasterborous, which was now overlooking their current capital, in the shinning sunlight; which was just warm enough for them to be comfortable. They discussed matters about the entire Realm and other more off topic matters, having found out, just as everyone else had that Anni Necro-Slate was now host to a group of death knights called the Deathguard and their leader was Parry.

"Are you upset about your husband's ruling" Jêss said as they walked along the market street.

"No, I love him with all my heart, he would be a better king for those who have returned than any" Anni replied back to her mother.