ii

Haerin suddenly woke up and jolted from her bed. She picked up her phone and checked the time.

4:07 am.

It was four hours before school started. Haerin tried going back to sleep but couldn't, she shuffled side to side, unable to fall asleep. Haerin got off her bed and grunted in frustration.

Haerin entered her restroom and did her routine before stepping out to stare at her closet for a few minutes.

"Should I...?" Haerin thought briefly.

Haerin sighed and grabbed her homemade suit out of her closet and extra clothes along with her backpack just in case she needed to get to class. She put her outfit on and stuffed her clothes into her bag.

Haerin opened her window quietly so she wouldn't wake up her brothers and climbed out of it

Haerin opened her window quietly so she wouldn't wake up her brothers and climbed out of it. Haerin jumped and whipped out her hand, shooting out a web and connecting it to a street light.

Haerin swung around the city searching for criminals on the streets. This went on endlessly with no results and Haerin was about to give up and go back home, suddenly she saw a group of people dressed in black huddled in an alleyway.

Haerin squinted her eyes and became suspicious so she decided to swing onto one of the rooftops. She then connected a web from her wrist to the railway of the rooftop, extending it to hover the group and hung upside down to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"So you stole the pills from the Shadow Serpents?" One guy whispered quietly.

"Yeah. Hard process because their building was under heavy surveillance." Another guy whispered back.

"Let's give the pills to Jacob, he'll sell them to other gangs and give the money to us."

Haerin jumped down silently and walked up behind one of the members of the group. Haerin tapped their back and said to them,

"You know drugs are bad for you, right?" Haerin said cheekily, all of the group members whipped their heads around quickly to look at her.

"What the hell? Who the fuck are yo—" The guy Haerin tapped said. Haerin cut him off by punching him in the face roughly. He fell backwards and knocked out cold.

All the others began to get rowdy, they all reached in their pockets for their firearm. Before they could, Haerin punched and kicked down two of the men.

Grunts were heard as Haerin shot webs at the remaining two's hands. Haerin puts one of the men to sleep. Only one remained. He was shaking and trembling, nearly about to soil his pants.

As the man struggled to pull his hand out of his pocket that was covered in sticky webs, he looked at Haerin with a terrified face and asked,