14

26th of September, 2022

Dear Hazel,

You never failed to shock the world, I on the other hand, I always sat there with a knowing look on my face because I knew.

I knew how capable you were at achieving whatever you want, especially when you set your mind to it.

That didn't change during the 2019 FIA award giving ceremony.

as a mercedes-maybach gls 600 came to a stop in front of the luxurious salle des étoiles venue in monte carlo. the power couple stepped out of the car, hand in hand, as their matching outfits sparkled underneath the continuous flashes of cameras.

lewis was decked out in an all black suit. however it wasn't just any suit. his blazer had small sparkles of glitter that illuminated as light reflected on it, making it seem like he was shielded. with nothing underneath, a sneak peak from his toned abs decorated in his tattoos could be seen.

truth be told, hazel struggled to let lewis go with the way he looked. she wasn't afraid to admit she wanted to be selfish. she didn't want anyone else to see how hot he looked except for herself, it filled with jealousy to think of all the girls and women whom where probably fawning over the way he looked right now.

on the contrary, hazel wore a similar look. a black satin dress with spaghetti straps hugged her body, covered with tiny specks of silver similar to lewis' blazer. her back was completely exposed, showcasing her new back tattoo of a blade that ran across her entire spine. the dress went down til her thighs, with a slight slit but not too big to show anything else.

lewis thought she looked devilishly good, as she always did, and was also against having people see her in that dress, and see her tattoo who he wanted to be the only one to know about. and while sure, there were a few tattoos only he had access to, but still, the need to be selfish when it came to her was far stronger.

after giving polite smiles to the photographers and paparazzis standing outside, they entered the more secure, and calmer, venue.

they had no trouble in locating their designated seats, at the same table. they shared a table with sebastian vettel, kimi raikonnen and their wives.

it didn't take long for the ceremony to begin as fia president, mohammed ben sulayem, began his welcoming speeches, which was followed by an outstanding performance by a famous monegasque choir.

finally, as the music subsided and the trophy rewards were set on display, everyone's excitement grew even more.

famous racers from all sorts of motorsports were attending, so to say it was quite intimidating was an understatement. at least that's what hazel thought, considering this was the first time she ever attended.

it was the first year she'd been invited, and this event was invite only. when it came to her case, it didn't matter that her husband was a 6 time world champion or that she worked at redbull. she had to earn it, which she did after just 3 years in the sport.

starting off big, they started with the world champions of each motorsport. every world champion was called over to the stage, with the formula one champion being called last.

"and last but not least, make way for formula one's reigning 6 time world champion: lewis hamilton!" the host announced.

people cheered for him louder than ever as he stood up and enveloped his wife, his backbone and biggest supporter in a soul-crushing hug, followed by a deep kiss. he side hugged sebastian and kimi, being one of his fiercest competitors right after nico.