Thinking

Thinking

There was a small drizzle falling from the sky, tapping lightly against the top of the glass bridge, as Amy sat, criss-cross applesauce, on the bridge that was above Seether's pen.

She needed to think. Her forehead was resting against the cold glass and her eyes were screwed shut as her mind raced to think of an appropriate way to design a show for Seether. His breathing could be heard through both the glass and rain; she knew without having to open her eyes that he was standing right there. His nostrils would be lined up with her, his blue eyes trained on her as they waited for her to move.

Ever since he had grown large enough, Amy had occasionally wandered out onto this bridge. Countless of her conversations with Alan Grant, her father, had been made right here, with a curious Seether hovering in the background and Alan freaking out every single time he saw the tip of the Spinosaurus's nose. But she was so proud of her baby. Now, just shy of a year old, Seether was standing just a foot taller than Betty the T-Rex and three-in-half feet longer, making him seventeen feet tall and forty-three-in-a-half long. And he wasn't done growing. The sail on his back was even more impressive and, which she was guessing as another sign of maturity, three catfish-like whiskers had grown on his chin, almost like a goatee. These were sensitive to both temperature and motion; it was guessed that the Spinosaurus used them to hunt on the floor of the water. The only time he was able to do that was when Amy managed to get large, imported sharks into his ponds. And the dinosaur loved it.

Seether's playlist of music was playing softly from the speakers that Amy and Owen had hot wired through his entire enclosure. At the moment, Runnin' by Adam Lambert was playing. Amy could hear his soft hum and an idea popped into her head. Yes, she could use that. People would absolutely adore that.

He grunted at her, obviously growing bored at standing there watching her. Another smile grew on her face. She had another idea. His head cocked to the side, nostrils flaring, and another idea popped into her head.

This was going to be the most interesting show she had ever done.