Indominus Rex

Indominus Rex

"You're late."

"Describe what you mean by late. Do you mean late as by you're late to this meeting, or do you mean late as by you stepped into this room late?"

The side of Amy's mouth twitched into a small smile as Angel answered Claire's statement sarcastically, Angel and Abbie both taking two seats across from Amy at the ridiculously large meeting table. Like Amy, they had rushed to get here. Angel had water dripping from her hair still and Abbie's face was flushed from sitting out in the sun. Amy was still in her uniform with her microphone clipped to the collar of her shirt and her hands were uncomfortably smelling like the meat that she had given Seether for his evening meal. Amy had already expressed how early the meeting was, but Claire hadn't seemed to care. It was important, Claire claimed, important enough for the meeting to be only a few minutes after the trainers performances.

"We have something very serious to discuss," the woman announced, her fierce gaze flickering between the three sitting at the table. There was a far stretch between them. The dinosaur trainers had all chosen to be as far away from Claire as possible, so they were gathered at the opposite end of the redhead and the files that were spread out before her. They could tell that she was stressed and didn't feel like being in her line of fire.

Amy folded her hands so she could rest her chin on them. She had no clue what could possibly be this important to pull three of the best trainers from their posts. They were arguably the best; all three were training intelligent, massive dinosaurs that had a temperament and could kill them in one bite and yet basically had no problems. Sure, Angel had that one time where her Mosasaurus attempted to drown her, Abbie was taken to the hospital after her Metriacanthosaurus "attacked" her the other day and visibly bore the scars on her bandaged arm, and Seether had managed to escape a couple of times from his enclosure when he was younger. But, they were doing a lot better than some of the others. The only other trainer that could possibly compete with them was Owen. Why wasn't he here then?

"As you know, Jurassic World is always expanding and looking for new ways to thrill a crowd. To accommodate for most of these, we have financial supporters."

"So, you mean rich people invest their money in the dinosaurs." When Claire nodded, Abbie snorted. "Who was the idiot that decided that two of the Indominus Rex was a good investment? Y'all could hardly keep up with Seether and he's a Spinosaurus. No offense to the big guy Amy, but the Indominus is supposed to have at least double the brain capacity of Owen's Raptors and is easily the size of the T-Rex. Have y'all taken into consideration half the other things that was put into it?"

"I wasn't informed of this information," Amy exclaimed before Claire could speak, interrupting the flustered woman. "Where did you hear all of that?"

"I made a few friends in the lab."

Claire pursed her lips, clearly looking for something to say. "Everything you said was classified." Abbie shrugged. "Let me know who they are later and they will be fired or I'll just dock your pay," Claire continued when Abbie didn't elaborate. 

"You want me working with two of the most dangerous, genetically engineered creations on the planet, and yet you threaten to dock my paycheck."

"Whoa, whoa. I want to take this a little slower," Amy interjected, sensing that the twos conversation wasn't going to go anywhere anytime soon. "Someone please explain to me what the 'Indominus Rex' is supposed to be. Who the hell decided on that name anyways?"

Claire cleared her throat. "The name was choose by the investors. It has a couple of species in its DNA. The Tyrannosaurs, Carnotarus, Giganotosaurus, Velociraptor, Deinosuchus-"