prolouge

narrative, social media, press conferenceapril 25, 2023

april 25, 2023

"god what if they hate me?" odessa questions caitlin as she lays on her bed in their shared apartment. caitlin grabs the girls hand and looks at her, "dess they couldn't hate you even if they tried, i promise." caitlin tries to reassure her as they look down at the girls phone with the draft of an instagram post on the screen. "the news already came out cait, they already saw the i was in the transfer portal and im already getting comments. it's just waiting for my announcement at this point." odessa says irritably.

the door opens and walks in the last person odessa wants to see right now, kate martin. "hey dess, lets do this." odessa looks at her and starts to tear up, the only reason she would back out of this transfer is kate. kates been her ride or die and her bestfriend since their first year at iowa and it's breaking her heart to leave that behind. "i dont want to leave you guys. posting this makes it all feel way too real and i dont want to do it." the blonde girl says trying not to cry.

"odessa you know that were always one text or phone call away. i will literally buy plane tickets and fly to you if its that bad." kate says sitting beside her and hugging the girl. "once i post this its all set in stone. i have to do a press conference and pack. then i have to move in by june for summer training." odessa says starting to stress. caitlin grabs her face and looks at her, "it will all be worth it dessy, i promise you'll be happier."

odessa looks between her two friends who are giving her encouraging smiles and support. "i love you guys so much, thank you for understanding my choice." they both look at her and nod. she picks her phone back up as her finger presses the post button and slowly, she clicks it.

@odessa.hart has posted!

odessa.hart

hart