20.

﹒⪩⪨﹒

﹒⪩⪨﹒

𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺

𝘪𝘳𝘭 & 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴

﹒⪩⪨﹒

𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘰𝘺𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥,
𝘪𝘧 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘧
𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪'𝘮 𝘢 𝘷𝘦𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘪𝘮

﹒⪩⪨﹒

The dinner with the Hughes' had gone over smoothly

The dinner with the Hughes' had gone over smoothly. Georgia spent the entire time laughing and joking with all three brothers along with their parents. They talked about Jack and Quinn's seasons so far, of course, but also other things. For example, how Luke was feeling about making his debut over the following year. Georgia knew from Luke already that there had been talks of his debut coming this year after his season with Michigan concludes. It isn't a matter of if he makes his debut, but instead a matter of when. Michigan's season started two months ago and already they're playing like a team worthy of making the frozen four so his debut is inevitably coming towards the end of the NHL regular season. He talks about how he's excited for it, Georgia being able to tell the anticipation is already building. She's so proud of her best friend. She knows that no matter when his debut is, she will attend his first game. She will be there, in the stands, cheering for him. The conversation also switches to herself and her brothers, the blonde talking about how Adam was going to put himself forward for the draft this year. It was kind of a no-brainer; her brother has been a top prospect in every league he's played in since the age of fourteen. She just knows when the draft day finally comes that she is going to be a mess, crying non stop with pride for her baby brother.

Eventually dinner ends and they head out, not before Georgia and Ellen get into a back and forth argument about who gets to pay Georgia's part of the bill. She feels guilty, already feeling as though she's overstepped just by being at a family dinner for her son who leaves tomorrow morning. But Ellen doesn't want to hear any of it, insisting that she is their guest and will be treated as such. They finally settle on Ellen paying, Georgia promising that next time she stays they will go out for lunch together— on her.