𝚒𝚏 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚠 (𝚙𝚝 𝟷)

Azani

Omniscient POV

Saturday | 11:00 AM

Azani stood in front of her bedroom closet, rummaging through her clothes in search of a decent outfit.

She was aiming for something that would make her look presentable, while requiring minimal effort.

She prioritized her comfort over style, but she still wanted to make a good impression.

After a few more minutes of deliberation, and a series of outfit changes, Azani had finally made a decision.

She opted for a fitted black T-shirt and a pair of grey cargo pants.

She then completed her look with a pair of crisp, white sneakers and a cozy hoodie.

Having assembled her outfit, she turned towards the mirror to assess her appearance.

She felt pleased with her reflection, and having made up her mind, she was determined not to change again. 

As she continued to stare at herself, she began to feel jittery.

Her mind was racing with thoughts of anticipation,and her imagination was running wild with possibilities of what was to come.

She took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves, but her reflection seemed to mock her, its eyes gleaming with a mixture of excitement and apprehension.

(Apprehension-feeling of anxiety or fear about the future or a specific situation)

This level of nervousness was uncharted territory for her, as she had never faced a situation like this before.

Azani's hands trembled slightly as she smoothed out her outfit, she knew she had to shake off her doubts and focus on the present moment, but her anxiety was stubborn, lingering like a shadow in the corner of her mind.

Despite her remaining concerns, she took a deep breath and stepped through the door, driven by a gut feeling that she should explore this new founded connection between her and Naja.

-

Azani stood on the sidewalk, her earbuds nestled snugly in her ears as the soothing melodies and gentle rhythms of her favorite music played.

The music was the only thing she could currently rely on to help clear her mind as she patiently waited for Naja's arrival.

Her eyes scanned the vibrant scenery of the bustling street as the sounds of laughter, chatter and honking horns filled the air.

A few moments later, Naja's car pulled up to the curb.

 The polished vehicle glided to a smooth stop as she swung the door open and made her way to the other side, holding open the door for Azani.

Azani approached the vehicle with caution, her eyes fixated on Naja's reassuring smile as she carefully slid into the passenger's seat, allowing her to close the door.

Naja then returned back to the driver's seat, putting the car into gear and smoothly accelerating away from the curb as she resumed driving.

She then turned to Azani, her face radiating a sense of softness as she gave her another gentle smile.

Azani returned the smile, but her feelings of nervousness still persisted.

She fidgeted in her seat as her eyes darted around the sleek interior of the car.