𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚒𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘?

Azani

Omniscient POV

Monday: 8:00 AM

Azani sat quietly at the edge of her bed, with only one sock on her foot.

Her other sock laid abandoned on the floor, as she stared blankly at the wall in front of her.

Her expression was soft, and her eyebrows were slightly knitted together as if she was recalling a distant memory.

She mindlessly played with the hem of her shirt as she yawned loudly, her gaze still fixated on the space in front of her.

Currently, Azani was supposed to be getting ready for work, but she found that the invisible air in front of her was much more entertaining. So instead of getting ready, she found herself staring out of space.

She was just about to waste more time, until her trance like state was shattered by the sudden sound of a notification coming from her phone.

Azani jumped up immediately, her eyes wide with surprise. She stood there for a moment, her chest heaving, as she looked over at her phone laying on the dresser.

She then suddenly felt a wave of annoyance wash over her.

"Seriously?" she muttered to herself, her voice laced with irritation.

Who was interrupting her when she was so busy?

She was a bit mad, but her expression eventually shifted from one of annoyance to amusement. Her tension melted away and was replaced by a warm smile and a playful roll of her eyes.

She shook her head as she chuckled at her own reaction, she couldn't help but laugh at herself.

Still grinning, Azani slipped on her other sock before getting up to check her phone.

She reached for her phone, and as expected, it was a text from Naja.

She swiped her screen and opened the message, her eyes scanning the text.

Naja: Good Morninggg

A good morning text? that's a first.

Azani: Good Morning Naja

Naja: Hey, I was just texting you before I drove in to work. Have a good day today

Azani: Thank you, I will. You too

Naja: I will.

Azani hearted Naja's message before closing out of their chat. Her mind was now focused on the day ahead.

She put on her shoes and walked out into the living room, taking one last glance around her apartment.

Hopefully, she would actually have a good day today.

-

Azani stepped inside of the dimly lit building and immediately felt a knot forming in her stomach.

As she made her way to the front desk, she noticed that something was different. Janae was nowhere to be seen and the desk was occupied by a completely different person.

Azani didn't know if she was new or not, but either way, she wouldn't be able to tell because she barely paid attention to any of her coworkers. 

However, her mind was consumed by one question.

 Did Janae get fired?

She hoped the answer to that question was yes. If Janae got fired, it would honestly be a blessing.