Important note before you read:

1. This is based on and inspired by a true story that happened years ago, in the early 2000s. I won't be using any real names or places. Tbh, I won't be naming anything so this will read like it can fit in any setting/country/city you wish. I'll be making up names, duh, for the characters just so we can tell them apart, lol. I hope I'll be able to deliver.

2. I'm not very knowledgeable about law and such, so please kindly point out any inaccuracies.  welcome all the help and feedback I can get. I tried my best to ensure the law here is "modern" but, as I said, idk much anyway.

3. Some things would appear weird and unconvincing but they've happened so that only makes it worse, lol. Trust me, I was shocked as well.

4. Please don't overlook the trigger warnings I've mentioned in the preface.

5. This is a dark story. Though, I do promise that the ending is worth it if you enjoy a good ol' revenge story. That's one of the reasons I decided to write about it, hehe.

6. The real story took place in North Africa, by the way, in the early 2000s. So, most modern laws don't apply to either the location or the time frame. That's why some things may appear implausible.